Hornady FTX Bore Driver

freedomrocks

In the past i have used powerbelt platium bullets in my accura , 95 grains by volume of 209 seems to work the best, with a muzzy hunt in a L.E. deer coming up i have been shooting Bore Drivers at the range with good results, Is there any one out there with some real life in the field knock down stories on how they perform? Any feed back good or bad would be awesome, Thank You

I picked some up for my upcoming Colorado Deer hunt. But haven’t been out shooting yet. I’ve heard nothing but good things about them. 🤞

Does anyone think the FTX be too light for elk?

I am getting this muzzleloader set up, but I don't want the recoil of that 340-grain bullet on my kid. With the price of BH 209 I don't want to do a ton of load testing if I can help it.

My CVA with 84 measured grains of BH209 and a 300 Grain Hornady SST has killing power on both ends of the gun...

Speaking of Blackhorn 209 has anybody seen any for sale . This stuff is stupid expensive but to me its the best out there, Hey lets cause another shortage and jack up the price even more. O well i just want to find some for sale!

Speaking of Blackhorn 209 has anybody seen any for sale . This stuff is stupid expensive but to me its the best out there, Hey lets cause another shortage and jack up the price even more. O well i just want to find some for sale!
Seen its several times in the past couple weeks online. MidSouth Shooters Supply had it last week.

I do. They are very soft. I wouldn’t shoot one at an elk.

Here are a couple tests on the 290 Bore Driver.

Thank you sir. I really appreciate that!

I think I am going to look for another bullet. Interesting because I use the Hornady SST 300 grain bullets and they perform great. Just can't use them in Colorado.

Last edited:
Anyone have any bullets that they could recommend? Something light so it doesn't recoil so hard for my kid.

I tried the Thor bullets years ago and I didn't care much for them. They were a serious pain to load for me. I would prefer to not go back to them.

Does Hondary still make the FBP solid copper?

The FTX is tough enough to go all the way to the off side hide on a 300 class bull elk at 250 yards and all the way thru multiple mule deer. It’s plenty tough for elk.

It also shot noticeably better than the 290 gr. Bore driver in 3 different guns.

The FTX is tough enough to go all the way to the off side hide on a 300 class bull elk at 250 yards and all the way thru multiple mule deer. It’s plenty tough for elk.

It also shot noticeably better than the 290 gr. Bore driver in 3 different guns.
Now I’m confused. Which “FTX” are you talking about? The 290 gr Hornady Bore Driver FTX?

I’m talking about the Hornady .452 250 gr. FTX sold in boxes of 50 as a reloading bullet. You have to add a sabot to fit your particular rifle. They are tough bullets and shoot really well. Much better than the 290 Bore driver through several friends muzzy’s.

I’m talking about the Hornady .452 250 gr. FTX sold in boxes of 50 as a reloading bullet. You have to add a sabot to fit your particular rifle. They are tough bullets and shoot really well. Much better than the 290 Bore driver through several friends muzzy’s.
Ahh yes. Not a real tough bullet - but ok. The 325 .458 FTX would be a better elk bullet IMO.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom