Hope your all safe utah mm'ers

Sadly we are up to about 16 dead, 20 missing in two different areas. The redrock of Southern Utah is no place to play when it's raining.

Never really thought much about getting in to a Bind with Mother Nature during the Summer until a few years ago while putting Hours in for My Dedicated Hunter Hours/Time!

It can happen in a Quick Hurry!

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

Yep. I know a few people who have had close calls hiking down there. "Oh it's not raining here, we have nothing to worry about". Too bad they didn't think that the storm 20 miles north is dropping millions of gallons of water, and that water has to go somewhere. How do you think all those canyons you're hiking were carved?

Exactly. Although it sounds like the flood in Hildale sounds like it really was way above expected and out of the historic flood channel. The ones in Zion were warned when they obtained their permit. It's just sad to think they chose one of the pretty few times( except this year, it seems) to go into a slot canyon, when there are far more clear days yearly from which to choose. They are saying this morning that they do not expect to find any survivors at this point.

I watched the video. You should have heard me screaming at my computer screen at those people on the walkway bridge. All that debris washing down and piling up against the bridge....it's amazing it didn't collapse....sigh!

Eel

Guns are like parachutes. If you need one and don't have one you probably will never need one again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom