Honoring Our Heroes-Fregoso Outdoor Foundation

M

MaxBuilder

My name is Max Fregoso and my wife Kelly and I started the Fregoso Outdoor Foundation 4 years ago, we are a 501c3 located in Northern California in El Dorado Hills that focuses on wounded soldiers and their families by taking them on excursion from hunts to skiing trips to whatever the soldier may want to do. Our main focus is hunting but we are not just about taking the person on a great hunt but about helping create a new hobby or a new interest for them. We pay for everything 100% from flights, gear, food, lodging, weapons and anything else they may need to continue their new passion.

The reason I am coming to you all is I have been a faithful Monster Muleys fan for many years (although under the radar) and have enjoyed the camaraderie both good and bad and believe there is a great following of hunters and military supporters on Monster Muleys, I'm asking the members for support for hunting gear such as new and used-- jackets, boots, raingear, gloves or any other gear that our warriors could use and keep. We are also always on the lookout for tags, deals on hunts and property to hunt.
We started the foundation less than 5 years ago as a way to give back, we have a construction company that has been very blessed even in this economy, we were looking for a unique way to give back and as a veteran my wife suggested I take a couple soldiers on a hunt so our initial intent was to take out 3 to 5 guys out in the first year and see where that may take us but within the first 90 days we had taken 30 soldiers on hunts, the following year we did 72, last year we did 134 and this year alone we have already taken out 201 people. So as you can tell I am personally down to my last set of raingear (accented with camo duct tape) and thanks to all my friends and family for their contributions they too are about tapped for extra gear. I have bought many items on the classified section here and many of the guys have given me a great deal when I tell them what we are doing, we can purchase some gear but I would like to try putting the fleece out first to the members.

We have found that there is no greater healing power for these men and women than getting together with other military families who share the same hurdles of living the new normal in the outdoors.

If you would like to know more about the Foundation and where we are going you can call me at 916-275-5372 or go to our website at Fregosofoundation.org or to Facebook at Fregoso Foundation.

As a side note, I was born and raised in Northern California in a small town called Red Bluff, I grew up hunting and fishing anywhere and anytime I could and now I can't image doing anything other than spending time in the field whether it's with family or somebody I've met on this new endeavor. Last year I spent 125 days in the field with the foundation and although I haven't pulled the trigger for myself (other than clean up shots)it has been the greatest 4 years of hunting that I can think of!

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
-Max Fregoso

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom