Honoring Chris Kyle

Roy

I know there are a few MMer's here in the Central and North Texas areas (and many that travel frequently to Dallas and other areas)so I am posting this in case you might be able to attend.

One of my friends here in Texas, who is a LEO, knew him well. He sent this to me in an e-mail yesterday"

At the request of Marcus and Melanie Luttrell, an event has been planned for those Texas residents who wish to honor Chris Kyle and his family as they make their way to his final resting place. We invite you to participate in this tribute by lining the procession route with the flags of our nation, and the great State of Texas. Signs and Banners are also encouraged.

The processional will begin on US-67, just west of US-287 at approximately 9:00 a.m. Tuesday, February 12, and will be traveling to Austin via US-67 S and I-35W S.

Anyone living in communities along the US-67 S or I-35 S procession route; i.e., Alvarado, Hillsboro, Waco, Temple, Belton, Georgetown, Round Rock, Pflugerville and anywhere in between are encouraged to show their support.

A grateful nation will remember men like Chief Kyle and we collectively vow to never forget his service and sacrifice. Please help us honor him in this way by SHARING this event and physically ATTENDING if possible. Thank you.

"I've lived the literal meaning of the "land of the free" and "home of the brave". It's not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest." ~Chris Kyle

He will be buried in the Texas State cemetery - a very high honor! There will also be a memorial for him on Monday at Cowboys stadium, if you are in the are and able to attend, I would encouraged you to do so. Here is a link for info on thatL

http://keranews.org/post/chris-kyle-be-buried-state-cemetery

This is some more info my friend shared with me and game me permission to share.

"He was my instructor for J3 sniper school in 2010. We stayed in touch and he was always interested in me when I was struggling to get back in shape to get back in the game. He was just a good ol boy with mad skills. I know this, the way he was killed was because there was nobody that he thought he couldn't help. Ironically, I made my first 1000 yard shot with him in November.

I am very close friends with an army SF guy that did three ops with him. My buddy is totally busted up.

I am proud to have been his friend. I am more proud that he did all the things necessary to get himself right with The Lord and get his family right after having been gone so long serving. He overcame a lot. I would encourage you to read his book, and to read the two books by Marcus luttrell. Read "No Easy Day" by Mark Owen. Read them, then go see "Zero Dark Thirty". Very enlightening stuff as to what kind of dudes that circle is."

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

RIP Chris!

Hard to Gut these kinda things!

"""Supporting Speed Limits doesn't make You Anti Car"""

No & You'll never Fix STUPID or WACKO'S by changing Gun Laws You Dumb BITTCH!

A true American hero...I only wish the best for his wife and kids..I just finished his book American Sniper...Quite a man. He desrved better!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

I posted this response in another thread with a different title. I feel very strongly about this so I decided to repost this here so it doesn't have to be associated with that other thread.

Texas didn't need Obama to recognize Chris Kyle! We didn't need Rick Perry to be at Kyle's funeral either or to order flags to be flown at half mast - hell, we flew them at FULL MAST IN HIS HONOR! LINED ALL OF I-35 FOR NEARLY 200 MILES WITH TEXAS AND US FLAGS! ALMOST EVERY SINGLE OVERPASS BETWEEN ALVARADO AND AUSTIN WAS CROWDED WITH PATRIOTS SHOWING HIM HONOR, RESPECT, AND REVERENCE - AND WAVING FLAGS!

http://s88.beta.photobucket.com/user/alonghorn72/media/IMG_01181_zpsecd82a51.mp4.html

http://s88.beta.photobucket.com/user/alonghorn72/media/IMG_01182_zpsaa47c2d8.mp4.html

If these links don't work, I will try and fix them later, I am hampered by a pretty heavy firewall here at work. I couldn't attend any of the procession, but I sat last night watching these videos, with tears streaming down my cheeks and my heart full of gratitude.

This one should work -

http://www.wfaa.com/news/texas-news/190948561.html

America is PEOPLE - not politicians!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

LAST EDITED ON Feb-13-13 AT 11:48AM (MST)[p]Thanks Roy, A fitting tribute to a very courages man.....Rest in peace Chris and thank you for your service.

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

Thanks for this post. Having the privilege to have seen these warriors in action I am a huge fan. Mr. Kyle was as American as they get. Seems sportsman are some of the biggest supporters of our military and pay their respects with the highest reverence. RIP Chief your actions spoke louder than your words on and off the battlefield

Also as a resident of the great State of Colorado I grew up with a negative oppinon on Texans. In recent years that oppinon has been changed. That being said I have a lot of respect for the way you honor your own and continue to send your finest into battle in the name of freedom. In todays U.S. "y'all" represent all that America stands for. Keep up the good work.

Humbly,
Your neighbor from the north.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom