Honeyholes???

• Thread starter coolspringoutfitters
  • Start date
C

coolspringoutfitters

Hi all, I have a central Utah muzzleloader tag and I was wondering if any of you would help a guy out. I want to shoot a decent deer maybe a 170" class or better. Could one of you give me some places to go? I don't want your honeyhole, just a place where I can shoot a decent buck. You can PM me with directions or just post them up here, I can shoot a long way, so I'm not worried about someone else getting my deer. A map would be helpful, but its not required. GPS coord. would work as well. Thanks for your help.

CSO

HEHEHE ! ! !

It's all about the good times...

Dang! If you had a northern utah tag I would give you directions to some 180-200 class bucks out on antelope island. I've got 16 tree stands and 12 blinds out there, 23 trail cameras, 50 salt licks (all different flavors) because I think they get tired of the "brine" drinking holes out there. I've got most of them patterned/pinned and just have to wait till next weeks smokepole season kicks off.

Ditto, Any area with a 170+ buck is a honey hole. I may have one or two found, but not enough to give one up. LOL!
Find some country you can glass... put in the time and you could find one about anywhere.
Good Luck!!

Oh no...
I hope Ransom doesn't find this thread.....
------------------------------------------------------
"Yeah, I'll shoot him"

I sell maps to all the secret honey holes west of the Mississippi. Satisfied customers have taken bucks with 15" bases and larger with mule deer to 375" and bulls to 550". PM me to receive your own secret map price list.

Ransom

Andyman,
I too shoot the Omega, they come from the factory sited in so you shouldn't have to worry about it before the season. I have been shooting 145 grains of BH209, it says on the side of the gun that you can shoot 150 grains, but I thought that was a bit of an overkill. I have been getting about a 1 inch group at 200 yards. Just point and shoot. You'll hit it.
At 300 yards you'll have to make an adjustment. I haven't shot that far, but I would guess that you should only have to raise it a couple inches. But at 400 yards, you'll have to raise it at least a foot. Let me know how it goes.

Come on guys, I know somebody out there has a good place for me to go...

CSO

Wow, do you have any pictures, I wouldn't want to pay for something that wasn't guaranteed...

CSO

LAST EDITED ON Sep-16-09 AT 08:54PM (MST)[p]Bloodtracker,
I heard that the regions were more of a "guideline", so directions would be fine. Post up some pics of some of the animals you've been seeing.

CSO

If any of you know Randsom he's not wasting his time reading these posts this time of year. he dosen't give a 170" buck a second look. Sounds like ICHABOD has a beef with randsom. Told randsom about this post and he said: "I'll tell you where to shoot a 170" buck. You go to ICHABOD"S house and shoot the one on his wall, It's probably the biggest one he's got. a Then again, ICHABOD probably bought It at a pawn shop.

Here is a photo from one of Ransoms honeyholes. He guaranteed the guy would shoot a real TOAD. And he did!

4ab1b4863d9a70ff.jpg

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

If your going to make snide remarks about ransom at lease spell his name correct, there's a 'd' in it. Randsom said to pass this along, and I quote: "you will usually find that guys that make these kind of comments are the same guys who wore there shorts in the shower after PE". He said they also always post under a fictitious name like ICHABOD or eelgrass. They Usually do so because they don't want everybody to know how stupid they are or just don't want to get thumped.

Hornkiller
Dang it, that's a good point. I am just doing my yearly post. I ask every year for some help, and every year we have some fun with it. I didn't think about the "outfitters" in my handle, but you're the first one that's caught it in 3 years...

CSO

Muledeersheds,
I dont know why your panties are in such a bunch...
I got no problems with Ransom at all...I was simply referring to his "Honeyhole" posts last year, which included some rather scantily clad young ladies...hehehe.
Now I gotta go...I'm off to the pawn shop...err... I mean huntin...

------------------------------------------------------
"Yeah, I'll shoot him"

Monte Cristo

Monte Cristo is the place to go! Be up there for the deer opener & you're SURE TO GET YA A TROPHY!

RE: Monte Cristo

I will book with you Coolsprings!! I will scout the bucks, put the time in and then pay you to come guide me to them:) LMAO!! You just want 170" deer? What do we do if I find one over 200":(

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom