Honey Hole - CO Unit 61 Elk

N

NOTW

Good Morning!!!

Wondering if I could get some help with a Unit 61 Bull elk first season hunt this fall!!!

I know most don't like to share Honey Holes, but I'm looking to reciprocate and share with some fellow hunters my knowledge of spending 26 years in the Gunnison Basin, 15 years of which I was a guide for both Elk and Deer!

I burned my points to hunt 61 (to be able to apply for other areas with my son) and am not interested in taking any bull, but the enjoyment of finding one of the bigger bulls in the Unit! It's the challenge I'm after - the thrill of finding the "one"!

I know we all have our secret spots, so with all due respect, I'm quite understanding of your concern to share. But, consider this is probably a once in a lifetime hunt for me, in this Unit, whereas I am willing to share some "honey holes" for you, in units that can be drawn every year! So, I'm going out a bit on a limb with the reciprocation.

I'd love to hear from you all!!! Obviously a PM would be just fine!

NOTW

well at least you are honest and straight up when you ask for someones honey hole... gotta give you that, very unlike the other guys that say "I don't want your honeyhole, just a starting point and coordinates" :)
Never hunted 61 so cant help you.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Thanks!!!

Personally, in a draw unit where it takes 10 pts minimum, is there really a Honey Hole for someone? If so, is there any harm in sharing when you don't even get to hunt it yourself?

Hunted Big Game for 30 years, unless it's an animal your scouting in the moment, Honey Holes are what you make of them.

:)

What comes around go around!

Have a good one Mntman!

I drew 61 muzzy also,would like some tips on south end since I know that area a little,thanks for any help. Chilly

I too drew 61 tag...I may not have alot of info to return on some areas, but if anyone is willing to share some info with me as well I would greatly appreciate it. Been looking forward to this hunt for awhile now. I am going down that way over ythe 4th of July

If you have any question about the unit I spend a lot of time up there each fall had an archery tag a few years ago and helped a couple of MM during first season feel free to contact me.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom