Honesty and Integrity

T

TheOldMan

This last hunting season was great. We had lots of great times together and spent allot of time in the country that we love. There was one event during this season that stood out in my mind more than any other. I would like to tell you about it.

My son, "Sliver" drew an AZ elk tag. We traveled down from Utah and had a great hunt.

During this hunt, we were sitting on top of a rocky peak glassing the surrounding area. Sliver looked over and saw a fanny pack sitting on the rock near him. Inside the fanny pack was a handgun, a GPS and other valuable personal items.

Sliver turned on the GPS and found a name and phone number on the welcome screen. Without hesitation, he pulled out his phone and dialed the number. When the owner answered Sliver told him that he was hunting in this area and located this fanny pack with the items inside. The owner said, "No Way!!!" He told sliver that he had lost it over two months ago and had looked for the fanny pack for hours without success. They had left for home believing that they would never see the pack again. Sliver made arrangements to get the pack and all items back to the owner and has since done so.

I am so proud of my son for displaying the honesty and integrity that he did. I know that I would not have been any prouder of him if he also shot a 400 bull. (Which he did not. That would have been cool too. Oh well maybe next time.)

I would hope that all of us who roam the mountains would take care of a fellow brother or sister the way Sliver did. We need to stick together more now than ever.

Proudly,

The Old Man

"Don't Wait...Do it now!"

That's awesome.

So, tell us. Does Sliver wear a flat brim or shaped brim hat? ;-)

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

....would have been the perfect throw down gun.....THINK next time.....

8346emporor_obama.jpg

I liked it big...fondler doesn't

THAT STORY SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT A DAD & HOW HE RAISED HIS SON. WELL DONE SIR, HOPE YOU & YOUR FAMILY HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS.................YD.

WOW.....Just saw this post. What can I say, other than it does not surprise me that my dad posted up an "I'm proud of my son" post.

Much of who we are we owe to our parents. I am a product of a father who is an amazing man, and who has taught me most of what I know, especially my morals, ethics, and values. I could not have a better role model to learn from. I owe my love of the outdoors to him, and as a result, many generations down my line will benefit from this.

The owner of the pack was very appreciative and the excitement in his voice on the phone reinforced the rationale behind my ethics. One day when I lose my hunting pack I hope someone honest finds it and returns it to me, I was merely doing the same (golden rule).

And for the record NVB........... My brim has a bend in it!

}}-SLIVER-->

Nice Job to both SLIVER & His Dad!

Hope you Guys pull the Big Bill out of the Woods!

It's getting Tough!

Best of Luck!

[font color="redhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsueOnu0kY

Kudos to dad for raising a very good man, Your Clan are welcome at my campfire anytime.
Seems to me the fruit didn't fall from the tree. Glad that you are playing a good deed forward.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

LAST EDITED ON Dec-13-14 AT 12:02PM (MST)[p]There is no finer classroom than the outdoors...where teachers can teach and learners can learn. My fondest memories of my dad and with my son are hunting memories. We pass on who we are in those moments. Great story and good on Silver and the Old Man!

Silver, I am guessing TheOldMan put the bend in your brim! :)

very cool and I am sure it will be paid back in the future, karma

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom