Honestly....

Feleno

Long Time Member
ten years ago would you have even given a black man a chance at becoming President in the next decade? Honestly I would not have. I'm not at all racist or prejudice but I thought America as a whole would not be open to that kind of change. Really its eye opening to me to think there is a strong possibility it could happen, and I'm fine with it. What about you?

ANYBODY THAT IS IN THE PROCESS OF REMOVING PART OF HIS NAME TO ENHANCE HIS ODDS IS "NOT" GETTING MY VOTE!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

I guess what I'm was asking has more to do with any black man being in the position to become President, not specifically Obama. But since he's there.

"ten years ago would you have even given a black man a chance at becoming President in the next decade?"

Heck I didn't think a woman would be this close either.

WELL!!!

IF IT WAS THE RIGHT BLACK MAN!!!

OR!!!

THE RIGHT WOMAN!!!

I WOULDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

I thought it would happen one day. Lots of very intellegent black people around. There are even black MLB managers and NFL head coaches. A lot more pressure there than being president!:)

Color of skin is irrelevant to me, as is gender. Always has been. It's about issues. Give me Condi over either of the two Dem front runners. Dems would get what they want: a black AND a woman; and I would get what I want: a conservative... :)

I love asking my Dem friends who they're going to vote for. If Obama, I accuse them of being chauvinist pigs; if Hilary, I accuse them of being racist pigs. Pigs either way, but then it's right out of the Dem playbook... :)

Obama is ok I'm not going to cry if he gets elected. but if we're talking about a black candidate Colin Powell is the guy I'd much rather have seen. I'd have voted for him over any of the clowns running.

"I love asking my Dem friends who they're going to vote for. If Obama, I accuse them of being chauvinist pigs; if Hilary, I accuse them of being racist pigs. Pigs either way, but then it's right out of the Dem playbook... "

ain't that the truth...

"Colin Powell is the guy I'd much rather have seen."

dude stop saying things that make me agree with you...it makes me feel dirty...

1911!!!

I AGREE WITH dude TOO!!!

LMAO ON YOUR LAST STATEMENT 1911!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

Let's not forget (or maybe we should?) that Obama is only half black. Which means he's as much white as he is black.

Either way, I'm sure at some point we will have a black president.

Black, half black, purple, white, red, orange, gray, who cares? I'll tell ya who cares. It's the dems. I actually agree with Dude, for a second time, but back to my point. Bess +1 or 2. You know what I mean. I was actually trying to figure out a way to make a post about this very subject, but haven't done it yet, now, no need...it's done. Racism is kept alive by people that make money or political points on the term. They blame the very people that are certainly not racist, but appear, for some reason, to be. Those people would be me. I would say if they met Bess, KTC, Ranson, etc. they would stereotype them all as they do me. If that's the way it is, that's fine with me. It goes the same, basically, for women. The whole movement, "blacks, women, reds, grays, oranges, quee@#$, I may mean alternate livestyles, etc.....have asked for EQUAL RIGHTS, and have got them. The problem is they are asked for equal standards to meet, to compete, etc. If they are dismissed because someone is better and that someone is a white male, then racism, feminism, anti-gay, etc. come to life. Personally, if a black man, a gay guy, a women does the job that I do better than me, then it's their's. I am a competitive person, and will do my best to better the next guy. I don't care what they look like, what gender they are, or what they do in the bedroom. Just don't make those things an issue, because that's when the problem arises. I haven't said half what I want, but will.

There would be no question, had Powell or Rice ran.

Both are far more intelligent, more patriotic and more in touch with the rest of the world, than any black, white or female candidate in the show.

I don't have a problem with anyone, regardless of what color, gender or sexual orientation they are, running for anything. I do have a problem with people that play the race, gay, minority, whatever card to gain an advantage. Just because you are black, gay, female, or whatever, doesn't mean you should get more priviledges than someone else. Hell if I was gay, or black, or a gal, I would be offended if someone treated me better just because I was in the minority class. I would feel less of a person, just treat me like one of the guys.

If you don't want to be persecuted as a gay person, my feeling is don't go around flaunting it. No-one would treat you any different. I wouldn't.

As far as the presidency, scares me to see who is left. All of them scare me for a variety of reasons. Even if they were all white, the things they say and claim to believe, I don't agree with. Even if they were all black, I still wouldn't feel any better.

I believe Romney dropping out was a real sign of things to come. If a guy like that with the qualifications that he has, business sense, leadership abilities and proven track record, isn't elected president, then how screwed up are things?????

Scares me to think about what might be happening in the near future, regardless of who's in the white house.

Color is the only thin Rice and Powell have in common.

When Powell realized he'd been used he was done with this administration, being the good soldier he is he stuck it out until his duty was done then he broke away. he hasn't hidden his feelings very well but he isn't one to make a scene, again probably his military back ground. a quality man who worked his way up back when a black man had to prove he was better, as good didn't cut it.

Rice is a pawn , not a stupid woman but not a leader.

I don't like any of the candidates that are running. If Colin
Powel ran, no doubt he would get my vote. He would be a GREAT
president.

I think Bessy may be right, I am not voting the lesser of the 3 evils.

I've thought for a long time that we've had qualified potential black and female candidates. I'd have gladly voted for Jeanne Kirkpatrick if she'd have run. Also, Condolezza Rice or Colin Powell. I think any of them would make(or would have made, in JK's case) good Presidents. There are other blacks who could eventually be viable candidates, including possibly J.C. Watts of Oklahoma, but seriously doubt he'd ever run.

I have no problem voting for a woman or ethnic minority at all, as long as I consider them to be the better candidate. And first and foremost, that means they have to be conservative to get my vote. I'd have voted for a Democratic Candidate if he'd have run in any previous current election if he is a conservative. Problem is, Sam Nunn has never been a candidate.

I don't care for any of the current three candidates, but I'll be voting for McCain since there is no acceptable alternative this time.

How about this? In the next election, which minority or female candidate would you vote for if he/she ran? Who do you think would make good candidates?

Paris Hilton, she's better looking than Hillary, less controversial than Obama, younger and more fun than McCain, and smarter and tighter with a dollar than Bush.

alright its quite obvious that the leaders of this country are just going down hill. as time passes its only gettin worse...im just wondering how long till they will allow a trained monkey to run the country.

as the quote goes..."America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -- Abraham Lincoln

"im just wondering how long till they will allow a trained monkey to run the country."

Well, right now we have an untrained horses arse running the country. A trained monkey would be a huge improvement. Thank God for 4 year term limits or we'd all be destitute real soon.

Just wondering.... what is everyone's problem with McCain... I support him... I believe he is the only candidate in the field who would be tough enough to ensure national security... he's believes in the 2nd amendment, and i also believe he is the only one with Ragan (sp?) like capabilities... hopefully he can unite our country

OBAMA WILL NOT GET MY VOTE, I LIKE McCAIN......IF COLIN POWELL WERE RUNNING....I WOULD VOTE FOR POWELL IN A HEART BEAT.......YD.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom