Homer's fishing license

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I went to the CA Fish & Wildlife office this morning to buy a 2016 sport fishing license. There were quite a few other people doing the same thing. In fact Homer was in line right in front of me.

When it was his turn at the window, I couldn't help but over hear the conversation between the lady behind the desk and Homer. I had my phone on and accidentally recorded it, so I simply had to transcribe it to writing. I thought it was interesting, all this resident non-resident controversy.

L: May I help you?

H: I need to get a fishing license.

L: Commercial or sport?

H: sport please.

L: OK, I see you're in the computer already Mr. Homer. We'll go ahead and update your information. Hmmmm you've obviously put on some weight, as we have 160 in our records.

H: Yeah, you can add about 40 lbs. to that number.

L: OK. How about address? Any changes there?

H: I've been meaning to ask you about that. I live mostly in California but I own a business in Nevada, so I'm confused....

L: That's interesting. What kind of business, if you don't mind my asking?

H: Not at all. It's kind of a service business for lonely men. It's out in the desert about 50 miles north of Las Vegas. It's called Homer's. Maybe you've heard of it?

L: No, I'm not familiar with it. Do you have a residence there?

H: Well, I occupy one of the bedrooms quite often, but it's all work related. It's where I do all the hiring.

L: OK. I'm going to sell you a non-resident CA license today. You will qualify for a resident license in Nevada if you wish. That will be $154.

H: Are you sure?? I'm an ethical fisherman and I don't want any trouble.

L: I'll put it in writing for you if that will make you feel better.

H: Great! Here's the $154. And here is my Nevada business card. If you get fired, call me and you can come and work for me.

L: Thank you. I'll keep that in mind.

Eel, you are obviously jealous of Homer's ability to juggle multiple s luts at the same time. Get over it.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

You might get away with it if it was just a stinky salmon/goat tag, but a sheep tag? All eyes on you.

I really miss Homer....

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom