homeowners policy

sageadvice

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Feb-13-14 AT 02:37PM (MST)[p]I have a older built, 1930-40's, home in good condition that was having trouble getting homeowners Ins for. Had to go with Loyds of London at $822. per yr. My Ins agent said best she could do.

I checked around internet and filled out a questionnaire, several Co.'s responded and Direct Choice Ins. gave me a great quote, high coverages, at a little more than half of what L. of London was asking.

Does anyone have input on Direct Choice Ins?

I hate dealing with this stuff!!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

No comments! That's OK, i didn't really expect to light up the thread with response but felt that out there someplace, someone might have had a thing or two to say about Direct Choice Ins Co one way or the other.

I had planned to go with my old Co even though they raised my premiums this year from $660. to $822. I actually gave them my card # for the first quarter yr premium but when the nice lady called back all apologetic saying she didn't know, they no longer took credit cards as payment, i told her to forget it, was debating running without Homeowners until spring anyway, when business picks up. My home is paid for so not required to have Ins.

So, Not really feeling well about running without, i looked into a couple other options and sometime after i posted here, i went ahead and bought a policy thru Direct Choice. Their premium is $446., little more than half of what i was going to pay to my current Co. The Limits are very similar and the Liability coverage even covers a empty riverfront property i own on the Feather River in Chester.

I saved big money. At least to me and this time of year, that's Big Money. Also, was able to at that price, not have to use a credit card which i have had do do very little this year compared to other recent winters so that pleased me as well.

The morel of this story i guess is that if you think you are getting raped by your Ins Co, you probably are! Shop it and save!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

No Doubt!

Sage!

They've Raped everybody forever!

You've got Huntin/Fishin Money now!:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Sage,
If you live in the rural areas in CA, insurance is very difficult to obtain and expensive. I had 50 acres and it was a yearly battle just to get it. A verified tornado touched down on my house in 90' and the damage was a bit more than I could chew on, so I filed a claim for repairs. I owned the property since 85'

The next year they would not even offer a quote and after seventeen years, cancelled me. It was all downhill from there. My neighbors actually had to buy fire insurance from the state. I left in 06' and am pleased to see the difference in prices away from that state. Every year was such a hassle to find insurance that some of my neighbors didn't even try.

There are a lot of internet insurance companies that will sell you insurance cheaper than the local agents but I have been told by people that work in insurance that they usually cancel you if you file a claim.

And after you have been canceled the local agents won't cover you.(You are now high risk because you have been canceled).

A couple of years ago we had a dry land hurricane come through with a lot of wind that damaged a lot of houses. Some of these people turned in $1,500 claims with $1,000 deductibles and had their policies canceled and had difficulty finding a new insurer. They usually had to go with a high risk policy at much higher rates.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom