Home water softeners

foundation

Very Active Member
I know this isn't the plumbing forum , but I'm just asking advice from one hunter to another hunter .

I'm in the market for a water softener system for the Riverton , Utah area . The water in the area is very hard , and pretty nasty . I usually drink my water filtered over hops an barley , but the women is demanding some better drinking water so the search begins .

There are a ton of different brands of water softeners out there from $ 500 - up to $ 4,000 ( ouch ) . So my question is what brands have worked well for you guys . I know you get what you pay for , but I would still like to keep it with in reason an not break the bank .

Thanks

Gonna send you a PM foundation!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

no one drinks soft water. Most soft water systems use salt. The water from them will kill plants like tomatoes. I understand that some plants can handle it but most can't. Ron

I failed to mention I will also add the reverse osmis system at a kitchen tap for drinking water so I'll be set that way . I had a old water softener system on the house , but I'm pretty sure most soft water systems don't get piped or hooked up to the outside spouts . Then again I use secondary and ditch water for all my outside watering needs .

Newer Quality Water Softeners don't use near the Salt the old ones used!

The Newer Softeners are Metered,meaning they only Regenerate when they need to,this saves you Salt/Money/Work!

Outside Faucets should be piped in with HARD Water unless you hardly ever use them or if you have a Sprinkler System,it may not matter to you!

You'll want your water running through your Softener before it goes through your Reverse Osmosis System,your RO system will remove what little bit of Salt is in the water!

Some people go POSTAL over drinking Soft Water,I agree that you shouldn't drink Soft Water but with the Newer Softeners there isn't nearly as much Salt in Soft Water as most people think there is!

Once You get the System put in foundation You'll probably get a Kiss!:D

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

foundation, I've been running a Kenmore 400 out your way since '02, so far so good.

I just removed the water softener that was in the gargage for the inside house. Bought it brand new about 20 years ago and after only three months of use the Water Co. changed their filtering system and we no longer need this one and it was bypassed for all these year. Someone can have it for FREE but the bad part is I live in Northern CA.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

That could be a good deal for somebody , but at $ 4 something a gallon for diesel , not such a good deal for me .

I think the old unit I had in my house was about 20 years old , but it just wasn't working like it should . I thought I could get by with out a softener , but its causing all kinds of problems with the water heater , faucets , etc.

but the women is demanding some better drinking water so the search begins .

LMAO!!! Better get your azzz in gear!!! How did the tack room turnout?

My sister lives in Riverton and before we put in a softener, we replaced her water heater every 4-5 years. Put in this softener about 12 years ago and haven't heard any complaints since.

> but the women is demanding
>some better drinking water so
>the search begins .
>
>LMAO!!! Better get your azzz in
>gear!!! How did the tack
>room turnout?

Rug you aint kiddin . The projects just keep adding up . The tack room turned out pretty good . I need to get a kegerator fridge and a little tv out there , and I'll have a first class dog house to hide when I'v been bad .

567812.jpg

Here it is Rug . It's full of baby chickens right now , but it will clean up good .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom