Home repairs

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
So I need to be patient and save money as it adds up fast. I replaced a T Handle release mechanism on our Recliner Sofa today. I got the part free from the furniture store. I had to chage out the new piece and install the new brackets. I got it all together and the piece didn't line up with the other two reclining sections ! What the heck ! Then I gave the section a shove with my knee and Bam !
No big deal except it always feels good to find time and have something work right.
Now if I could get this damn Powerstroke to start cold ! I'm going to buy a Gasser next spring. Silverado ? Dodge ? Toyota? I need a 15 to 20 k price range 3/4 ton I can pull a 27'Bumper pull and have 2 ATVs on a bed rack. Extras like extra fuel , some extra water and a generator. I imagine I'm 10,000 lbs all together.

I'd say you're closer to 12,500 over all.....

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Well DM!

This Rig should do what you want!

15-20K Per Year!

And you're set!

Should do about anything you wanna do!

59571f350.jpg

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Good for 15 to 20 K mileage a year or costs me 15 to 20 K a year ? I ain't buying no 60 to 70K trucks. I just want a truck with 60 to 90,000 miles on it. I'm sure the new diesels are quite and devoid of glowplugs ut I haven't rode or driven one. Maybe I will start some test drives soon to see what I will want rather than wait and try to hurry my decision. I buy wisely instead of in a hurry like I did in my younger days.

20k is plenty of money to find a nice truck. I'd lean towards a Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi, or Ford with the 6.2. Get the lowest gears you can find, skip the 3.73s in the Ford and find one with 4.30's. Skip the Toyotas all together, not enough payload for what you're talking about.

Thanks Tony,
Should I try to find a manual Dodge then ? My 97 Ford has been low enough in 4x4 Auto low range but it hasn't been great at towing speeds. If I drop it down to Overdrive the RPMS are good only if I run it at 65 mph tops. A 6 speed manual in Cbevy is good or so I've heard.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-18-19 AT 07:08PM (MST)[p]The top line Limited Dodge with all options is near 90 K. I guess I should have made it to a CEO pay position, lol

>Thanks Tony,
>Should I try to find a
>manual Dodge then ? My
>97 Ford has been low
>enough in 4x4 Auto low
>range but it hasn't been
>great at towing speeds. If
>I drop it down to
>Overdrive the RPMS are good
>only if I run it
>at 65 mph tops. A
>6 speed manual in Cbevy
>is good or so I've
>heard.

You'll Play Hell trying to Find a Low Geared Truck with a Manual Tranny & Low Mileage!

I Don't even think You can Buy a Chevy or a Ford with a Manual Trans!

Like Tony said,4:30's sound Good but usually only offered in Heavier Duty Trucks!

When I Get So Lazy I Can't Shift a Pick-Up I'll Hang My Hat!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Having a manual transmission is better for sure if it is geared right. I called a dealer of Dodge and it does sound like most rigs are auto. I may buy a newer one but I will have to pull some cash out of savings. For around 35 K I could buy a lightly used model.

I bought a power recliner sofa for the wife as a anniversary present. She still won't use it. She's never had a recliner. So if it breaks down who cares?

I helped my Mom buy Dad a power recliner. It has an extra place that your feet stay on so it doesn't pull on tendons which happens if your feet hang over. Also a power neck pillow. He has Alzheimer's and can't figure out the controls.

>I bought a power recliner sofa
>for the wife as a
>anniversary present. She still won't
>use it. She's never had
>a recliner. So if it
>breaks down who cares?

Bought my wife a bed. Same story.

Bluehair
Splitting my time time between the winter and summer range......
May you live long enough to cash in those preference points. Amen

>>I bought a power recliner sofa
>>for the wife as a
>>anniversary present. She still won't
>>use it. She's never had
>>a recliner. So if it
>>breaks down who cares?
>
>Bought my wife a bed.
>Same story.
>
>