Home invasion...interesting story

feddoc

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Mar-02-12 AT 06:25PM (MST)[p]http://www.newson6.com/story/17061740/tulsa-robber-sentenced-to-life-for-home-invasion

Keep this in mind as you read the story....He was coherent while she was on 911 and was whining about how he couldn't believe she would shoot dead guy because he has a young son at home.

So, two azzholes break in to a home. That should be the end of story...except the guy who lived is bitching because his dead buddy had a young son.

TULSA, Oklahoma -
A Tulsa robber will go to jail for life because his buddy was shot during a home invasion.

Daniel Holman and Darreon Carter broke into a Tulsa apartment in 2010 and attacked a woman with screwdrivers. She grabbed a gun and shot them both.

Carter died but Holman survived to face a murder charge since his friend died while they were committing a crime.

A jury recommended a life sentence, plus 17 years.

What the paper didn't print: (from a friend of hers) She said that it happened really fast(obviously), but she just remembers being terrified that they were going to rape her and then what? She had never seen either one of them before. Her boyfriend didn't know them either. She doesn't do any drugs and is really a pretty laid back person. She went to taco bell and was finishing her cigarette on her porch area. Probably not the best idea in an apartment complex at night, but still not a reason to get raped.

Couple of interesting notes since I was thinking about it:

The gun never even cleared her purse when the shooting started. She shot through the side of the purse(at least for the first shot). That hit dead guy in the leg and the second was center mass. Prison ##### got the next two. He was coherent while she was on 911 and was whining about how he couldn't believe she would shoot dead guy because he has a young son at home. He was in disbelief and talking until the ambulance and cops got there.

When she fired the first shot it went through a bottle of medicine in her purse and scattered the pills all over the living room. By the time it was over, many were covered in blood. She had the darndest time trying to get her script refilled because it was too early and she had just filled it. And no they weren't schedule II, so that couldn't have been a motive.

She was skiddish at first about talking about it because prison #####'s sister was on facebook talking ##### about revenge. Soon after though she didn't mind because she truly realized that the pistol was the great equalizer in the situation and it was very empowering to her as a female to protect herself.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

I don't see the problem? 2 guys robbing/raping/threatening a lady, she defends herself with a gun. Threat stopped. Lady safe. End of story.

We recently had a neighbor get his house broken into, during the day by 2 Latino youths. He showed up as they were helping theirselves to his food, after they had looked for prescription drugs, money etc......The perps ran out jumped 2 fences and got away. I live in a small town, do I need to start packing everyday coming home "just in case"? Heaven forbid someone breaks into my home, I don't want to kill anyone, but if you come into my house and threaten me or my family, you have left me no choice. I aplaud this lady.

The live thugs comments are just a mirror of what some of society has become. Instead of accepting their responsibility...the wounded guy bitches that the dead guy had a kid. Hey, Azzzhole, how about not doing home invasions?

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

at least they both wouldn't be a factor in the gene pool now.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Her only mistake was not shooting the guy who lived some more. Our concealed carry class instructor told us that if you shoot someone, you better make sure they're dead, like if the cops ask you why you shot the guy 20 times, you answer "because I didn't have 21 bullets."

>Her only mistake was not shooting
>the guy who lived some
>more. Our concealed carry
>class instructor told us that
>if you shoot someone, you
>better make sure they're dead,
>like if the cops ask
>you why you shot the
>guy 20 times, you answer
>"because I didn't have 21
>bullets."

Go try that one out and you'll soon realize the folly of that advice. If you had an instructor tell you that I'd get a refund and take the class again. Probably not the only chitty advice he gave you.

If you are pulling the trigger to do anything other than stop the threat you are quickly treading on thin ice. If you are pulling the trigger after the threat has clearly stopped you are probably going to fall through the ice.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Yep, I was told differently. Shoot until the threat is stopped, whatever you do, once you pull the trigger your life will be changed forever.

In other words don't shoot the guy, knock him to the floor then unload your clip into him as he's laying there. You will quickly go from defending your home to flat out killing someone.

In some cases the gun need not be fired to stop the threat. My wife was attacked a few years ago. She was knocked to the ground but had the sense to get between our 4 year old boy and her attacker. As she spun around on her back, she drew her .40 and told the guy that she would kill him if he didn't stop. He is still in prison.

>Yep, I was told differently. Shoot
>until the threat is stopped,
>whatever you do, once you
>pull the trigger your life
>will be changed forever.
>
>In other words don't shoot the
>guy, knock him to the
>floor then unload your clip
>into him as he's laying
>there. You will quickly go
>from defending your home to
>flat out killing someone.

So I guess the challenge would be to stop the threat and kill the POS with 1 shot. Thanks for the heads up!:)

Eel

Too close to home! This week my 20 year old son answered the door for someone "selling" something. The guy forced his foot into the door and James slammed the door on it. Finally got the door locked and went for my .45 while the guy almost kicked the door open. It took him shoving the .45 into his face to get him to leave. I'm glad it ended like that, but I probably would have been a little less forceful to let the POS in the house and deal with him properly. We live in a fairly nice neighborhood and it was the middle of the afternoon. WTH is wrong with people??? I'm hoping the scare my kid got made him realize just how precious life is and he'll leave the damn gangbangers alone now.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom