Home Depot

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
After all the work I've done this year getting the 10K cabinets in took a while and it's been 3 months now and no countertops.
The contractor keeps pitting me off and also not showing up .
I went in and blew some steam off today and received seven hundred removed from my bill.
That felt better but that dude better show up Friday or its going to escalate.
Oh and I won 700 on the weight loss challenge this time.woo hoo

3 More 700.00 Deals & it'll be worth it!:D

Most Cabinet Shops Don't make the Counter Tops!

The 2 Biggest Hold-ups I See on Houses/Remodels is Trusses & Counter Tops!

Them Counter Top Boys will tell Home Owners/Contractors they'll Show up on a Certain Day/Time but rarely does it Happen!

You Gettin Granite or what DM?

[font color="blue"]dude has his Resume turned in to be Hillary's
Intern[/font]

That sux, shouldn't have to wait that long! We always did our counter tops same day of cabinet installation.

However, I refuse to shop at home depot they screwed me once. They won't get a second chance.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

DeerMadness

I had a similar issue and sent a certified letter to Home Depot's main office in Atlanta. I included the Contract and showed how I was losing $ due to "Their Delays".

I was compensated 2x my losses and, never touched the steps of a Court House.

I was also very polite. Just a thought as to your remaining options.

Jagerdad :)

Don't have cabinet envy JB

2311idiot.jpg

10K don't buy as much for cabinets as you think. Many times home store contractors are a pita. mtmuley

LAST EDITED ON Aug-11-16 AT 02:31PM (MST)[p]>10K don't buy as much for
>cabinets as you think. Many
>times home store contractors are
>a pita. mtmuley

lol....right over your head huh?

op said "10k cabinets"....not "10k in cabinets"

>Yeah homer, you got me man.
>mtmuley

Don't Know that it's a GRAMMAR Lesson but I Guess it is!:D

[font color="blue"]dude has his Resume turned in to be Hillary's
Intern[/font]

Not to pile on, but I too have had very good luck writing polite letters and getting things fixed even outside of warranty. I always copy three people:

1. The CEO
2. Customer Service
3. Sales (sales people understand better than anyone else the importance of keeping customers happy so they become REPEAT customers)

I have done this with a Mossberg rifle that would not accept new magazines but which I had bought gently used and was outside of warranty. Because the mag that came with it fit fine, but new ones would not, I thought the mags were at fault. They fixed my rifle AND gave me five new mags. I love Mossberg!

I did it with a Linksys router that didn't work out of the box, but had been sitting on my shelf for a couple of years. They sent me a brand new unit. I used to love Linksys, but now they're owned by Cisco, and I don't like some things that Cisco is doing.

I did it with a Bosch circular saw whose motor commutator literally exploded while I was trimming a new solid core door to put on my then baby son's room--again, outside of warranty. They rebuilt the motor and I still have that saw. And they lived up to their reputation for great tools and appliances.

Most recently I did it with Smith & Wesson when I never received the box of 22LR ammo they promised as a promo with purchase of a new M&P15-22. Calls and emails to customer service were getting me only canned responses that the shipment was being processed by a handing firm. I got not one but TWO boxes of the ammo.

I do have one question--have you already paid this contractor for the work they have not yet done? Never pay a contractor in full until the work is done to your satisfaction. Once they have your money, you have no leverage over them.

"Darth Vader was a sap"

Home Depot huh....good to see support for local small business. Looks like it's working out well.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Me and my cousin built the cabinets for a big new house back in about 1977 or 1978. There were 96 drawers. That was the total for kitchens, bathrooms, linen closets, bedrooms, (built in desks) family room and laundry room.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom