Home Appliances

Forthewall

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Feb-02-08 AT 00:37AM (MST)[p]Over the years I always left my wife in charge of the home appliance purchases. About a year ago our 8 year old washing machine broke down. The wife mentioned that a repairman would be coming by the following morning. After 8 years of faithful service I told her to cancel the call.

I decided that I would take on the task of replacing the old top loading washer. I went on epinions.com and a couple of other consumer sites and starting reading up on washing machines.

Instead of going to the usual places like Home Depot, Sears, Fry's, or Lowes I went to an appliance outlet. After sorting thru all of the information and consumer rankings. I purchased a Energy Star-rated Frigidaire Front Loader for around $600.00 which included set-up and taking away the old washer. I also received water company and utility rebates that totaled $175.00.

Man what a difference between a top loader with agitator and a new front loader. The front loader is whisper quiet, uses 1/4 of the water, 1/4 of the detergent, and 1/2 the electricity.

The clothes really do come out cleaner without fraying the collars or stich embroideries. King Comforter, sleeping bags, you name it the machine has no problems at all. Most of all it cuts down dryer times by half.

I also recently replaced our old over the stove Microwave insert that was a GE Profile. It was O.K. but for the amount of cooking we do it had a very weak fan rated at 150 cfm.

I purchased a Samsung with a 400 cfm fan and have found it to be a much better Microwave, offering a lot more functions at a much better price. The powerful fan does a great job of extraction over the entire cook top.

After years of repair bills I will no longer buy GE or Maytag anymore. Their machines just don't hold up and their customer service has become piss poor at best.

I want one of those front loaders so badly. Wish I had an appliance outlet nearby.

y8100.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom