HMA near Casper and Laramie

B

bigfishbabb

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-11 AT 11:31AM (MST)[p]I was wondering if anybody has hunted the HMA's around Casper and Laramie for antelope? If so how was the acess and the hunting presure?
Thanks,
Scott

Depends on what your looking at. The antelope areas for laramie are tons of people. The deer not so sure about have not tried them and the elk are so so from what I hear. I have heard that the HMAs that are around casper for deer that you have to draw are really good.

The HMA's around Casper with decent public ground are usually loaded with guys on atv's. Not sure what yer looking for, but most guys are smacking 2's & 3's due to the G&F's refusal to limit hunting pressure. Last year I came through a check station late afternoon opening day with an average sized 4x5 and was told that was about the best deer that had come through to that point. Pretty disgusting since he wasn't that big given what the area has to offer if it were managed correctly.

I have to agree with you. The last time i hunted around Casper it was disappointing. It's a good area for average size antelope but deer hunting in my opinion isn't that great.

7 Mag

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom