High school trap shooting team.

RELH

Long Time Member
Yeah! I know most of you will not believe that a high school in Kalifornia would have anything to do with firearms. As it so happens one of our local high schools does have a trap shooting team that my 14 year old grandson is a member of the Jr. Varsity team.
The high school team just completed shooting in the state finals held this past weekend in Kingsburg, CA. The local high school team took first place in the state for both the Varsity and Jr. Varsity teams. My grandson was on the Jr. Varsity team and shot a good score for his first year of trap shooting.

His 10 year old sister also shot at the state trap shooting meet on a different team, and took a trophy for second place in her division class. She busted over 160 clay birds out of 200 for his second place win.

The teams will be going to the National meet later that will be held in Las Vegas, NV. Needless to say my son was very proud of his kids doing so well in their first state wide competition.

Must be the hillbilly blood in them.

RELH

Nice Job to the Hats!
We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

That's pretty good Bob! Lots of good people in Kalifornia but nobody seems to notice.

Just think how good your grandchildren could be if you bought them each a new gun! (I can talk pretty tough knowing you're fresh out of kerosene).

Eel

Thanks guys. Eel my grandson is using his great grandfather's Remington 1100 12 gauge for his shooting. His sister is using a 20 gauge Remington 870 pump. She may be getting a new 20 gauge semi auto for Christmas.
I think great grandpa is smiling while looking down from heaven.

RELH

RELH , I hope those kids keep after it and give it their best ! My little brother won the Vegas shoot back to back years a few years ago , from what I understand he's the only junior to win the nationals twice , much less back to back .
After that success he was invited to train with the US Olympic team and was offered a trap shooting scholarship to a division 1 university . He spent some time with the Olympic coaches and hopefuls ,and considered the scholarship . After a short time , he decided that chasing girls and working his a$$ off for low wages was a better plan .
My point is that for a select few , there is a future beyond high school if they commit to it and realize their potential . Good luck

Kids with guns!? Say it aint so.

Can you imagine what life would be like if a dad in North Carolina had taken his son out to shoot trap once in awhile.

Good on you and your son/daughter!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-26-15 AT 08:58AM (MST)[p]We used to take our shotguns to high school with us to jump ducks on our lunch hours, I wonder how far a kid could ride a bike with a .22 rifle taped to the handle bars? That was the fastest way to get to the prairie dog colony...we had a sheriff stop us once, he wanted to know how to access the colony.

It's very cool that High Schools are still shooting in some places. Congrats to all the kids doing so.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom