Hey Plumbers, Well Drillers,Need Quick Help

mtmuley

Long Time Member
I have a Franklin Monodrive Constant Pressure Controller running my pump. I have no water, can't call a guy till tommorrow, and have a question about the trouble codes. Anybody here familiar with these systems? Thanks, mtmuley

I've Opted to not sell/install any of the Monodrive systems!

That's just me though!

My own Submersible I installed in 1985 lasted until 2009,24+ years!

When they come up with something better I'll buy one!

Hope this helps!

http://www.franklin-electric.com/media/documents/M1567_Troubleshooting_QuickReference.pdf

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Thanks guys. Anyway, it was a loose connection on the pressure switch that feeds info to the controller. I'm relieved. That damn box costs about 800 bucks! B-Bop, why don't you like the monodrives? mtmuley

mtmuley!

I've seen too many problems with them!

The first style of pressure switches were real jokes!

They are more money by far than a regular Submersible!

Guess I'm a little old fashioned & like Reliable Built items rather than a bunch of Electronics that will Fail!

Can't even fill an ice-maker in the Refrigerator without the Pump kicking on!

Get a Glass of water & the Pump comes on damn near every time!

24 years of hard use on my original JACUZZI SANDHANDLER Pump.I'm taking my chances with another Pump just like it,they are called J-Class Pumps now!

My 1 H.P. Control box costs 50.00,I've never replaced it yet!

Not knockin your system,I've been installing Pumps for 30+ years,I know what lasts & what don't last as long!

To each his own!

Tell me mt?

Just curious as what sold you on the system?

A buddy of mine from high school is a driller/pump guy. Basically, I got the monodrive system for the same cost as a standard one. He said pump longevity was a benefit, plus I do notice a definite benefit as far as pressure throughout the house when multiple water usage occurs. So far the loose connection has been the only hiccup, but its only been about 4 years. mtmuley

OK mt!

For people that want exact the same pressure at all times with a Regular Submersible Pump here's what I do:

Set the Pressure Switch at 70 lbs on,90 lbs off,then I install a Pressure Regulating Valve and set it at 65 lbs,Pressure is always 65 lbs & I'm out 40.00-50.00!

I like running at least an 80 gallon Pressure Tank,if the Power goes out,I've got a little storage of water I can draw while the Power is off,I can get by for a while if people are careful with the amount of usage!

If your power goes out,how much water can you draw?

Again,not being smart,just wondering?

Glad you got it going mt without costing you a huntin trip!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom