Hey Kilo / 1932 Ford Hot Rod

T

TAGATTRACTER

This car belonged to a friend of mine and I thought a few of you may enjoy seeing it. This car won the prsetigous Riddler Award in 1992 at the Detroit Autorama.

3259stewart_32_ford.jpg

4011stewart3.jpg

4609stwerat2.jpg

A bit more of the Jimmy Stewart collection. I believe both the Harley and Indian are 1912 models, Maybe eel could confirm that ?

3111stewart_b.jpg

8625stewartc.jpg

4245stewartd.jpg

5206stewart7.jpg

9671stewart1.jpg

Way cool TAG!

I have a 1932 Ford story. My Dad started working in the Oakland Ship Yards as a welder when WWII broke out. He made great money. Enough money to buy a '32 Ford. When he turned of age he was drafted into the Army. Before he left he parked his '32 Ford in a garage. He thought about his car the entire time he was over seas in Europe.

When he finally made it home he found out that his sister had taken his car and wrecked it beyond repair.

I honestly don't think he ever really forgave her.:)

I always wished I could have bought Dad an original '32....but it never happened. Waaaaay too expensive.

Eel

TAG...not sure but that must have been around about the time they started the Riddler Award....sure a nice clean 1932 Sedan. I think the award now is even bigger so are the price tags on the cars that it cost to build them now.

Here is my "nice reward" last month at American Graffiti Car Show in Petaluma, CA

5380ag2012.jpg

The Photographer gave me this picture the following week as he took about 10-15 pictures that day with her posing.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

For sure that car wouldn't be close for the Riddler award these days. I remember when that car was built and the attention to detail is unreal and ultimately why it won the award. Every nut and bolt on that car was made at Jimmy's machine shop from stainless steel long before you could order stuff like that online.

Here's a story my Dad tells which I'm not sure is true or not since the car was destroyed before I was born. My Dad had a 32 Ford right out of high school that he decided needed a Hemi. Being a poor farm kid he stole a manhole cover and machined an adapter to mate to an Olds 3 speed and stuffed it all in the 32 Ford.

Well, the car was fast alright but the brakes were lacking as he killed 3 of his Father's Cows on the drive home one night. That was the end of the 32 but the Hemi is still tucked away in his garage .

Nice job on the reward Kilo. :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom