Hey elkassassin

YELUM

Long Time Member
Have ever been up to Bluebell lake, and if so, ever see an old catapillar from the 40's up there.

Yelum

Howdy YELUM!

Been there a few times several years back!

I remember some old Equipment in between Five Point Lake and BlueBell Lake!

I've seen numorous pieces of old Equipment around several Lakes across the Uinta's!

I never could figure out why the USFS didn't make them clean things up better?

I realize it was alot of work to get it in there,looks like they should have made them get their Junk back out since alot of this Trash is in the Primitive!

Nothin better than the High Uinta's on a Wet/Green year,this year ain't it!

You done any Huntin this year YELUM?

Hello Mr. Wisz,This is the UDWR Calling....LMMFAO!
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

No hunts for us this year. I'll most likely go watch em whack a buck or two on the island in a few weeks.

I was talking to my dad over the weekend, and he told me when he was 17, 1949, he rode horse back with the crew that worked on the dam up there. His friends sole job was to take a pack train back and forth to Roosevelt to get fuel for the cat. My dad did jack hammer and compacter work on the dam. He was surprised they left the equipment there as well, but couldn't believe they got it there in the first place.

Yelum

Don't know if you & your Dad know it or not YELUM?

The 'High Mountain Lakes Stabilization' Project was completed not too long ago!

Total BS but a way for Roosevelt City,Golf Course & certain people in town to get Free Water that was Stole from others!

They went in and knocked the Dams down that your Dad Helped build!

Now we have NO Water Storage!

Only proves the Old Timers were Smarter and not LAZY like the newer Generation!

Un-Real they'd knock the only water storage we had down but it's a True Story!

If your Dad doesn't know about it YELUM forward this Link to Him & you can Google others I'm sure!

http://www.mitigationcommission.gov/hmls/hmls_process_garfield.htm

Maybe the GREENIES had something to do with it also?

Greenies are always wanting things put back in to an original state,but let's use Our Heads here!

15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

I think some of the first Equipment used & left back in around the Lakes was Horse Drawn equipment!

It's always amazed me the Hard Labor the Old Timers put in to Projects like Dams & such!

15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

Thanks, I sent the link to my dad.

I didn't, and I'm sure he didn't know about it either.

Yelum

I had the wrong lake. It was Atwood. This was his reply.

Lake Atwood is East of the Swift Creek drainage and is in the Uinta River drainage. If memory serves me correctly it is located roughly South East of King's Peak and just North of Mount Emmons. It is in the Atwood basin at about 11000 feet above sea level. To get to it we drove up to the end of the road at Cedarview Reservoir above Montwell and then went by horseback up passed the three Chain Lakes and over the pass above them and dropped down into the Atwood drainage with the trail then going along the creek until we got to Lake Atwood. In some places we could see where the bulldozer had to make a road through the timber in Atwood Basin to get to it's destination. I don't know what route it took to get to Atwood Basin - probably up along the creek from Uinta Canyon. I sure don't think it went up over the mountain passes. I think the horseback trip was about 15 miles each way.

Yelum

Yelum, sounds like a fun ride. Would like to do a ride like that this summer.
ELkasasin, read the story from your link, liked the read but don't understand why they just breached. Why not repair for future water use? Irrigation system improved without the lakes storage capacity?
Those old boys busted their nuts to make a livin!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom