Hey Eel, here's a

feddoc

Long Time Member
little something to get you back to work.

A friend and I helped a family set up their brand new portable sawmill in January. It is a horizontal band mill. I forget the brand. He wasn't running enough strain and he was underfeeding it and his guides were out of align. A common rookie mistake.

It was set up running good by the house so he decided to move it up the hill to where his log deck was. He hooked it to his trailer hitch but neglected to use the safety chains. It came unhooked and rolled back down and over the bank. Amazingly it didn't do any damage, just cosmetic. They are cutting some beautiful redwood lumber for 2nd growth.

A friend and I helped a family set up their brand new portable sawmill in January. It is a horizontal band mill. I forget the brand. He wasn't running enough strain and he was underfeeding it and his guides were out of align. A common rookie mistake.

It was set up running good by the house so he decided to move it up the hill to where his log deck was. He hooked it to his trailer hitch but neglected to use the safety chains. It came unhooked and rolled back down and over the bank. Amazingly it didn't do any damage, just cosmetic. They are cutting some beautiful redwood lumber for 2nd growth.

You Mean Red & White Redwood?:D

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom