HEY dakotakid???

B

bobcatbess

LOOKING FOR SOLID EVIDENCE ON RATHER TO ADD/NOT TO ADD ATF TO DIESEL FUEL???

ALOT OF LOCALS ARGUING ABOUT IT!!!

I KNOW YOU'VE TOYED AROUND WITH DIESELS & ALWAYS KEPT THE STROKERS RUNNING!!!

I HAVE SEEN MECHANICS ON BIG RIGS FILL THEIR NEW FUEL FILTER UP WITH ATF BEFORE SCREWING THEM ON!!!

ALSO HEARD OTHER MECHANICS SAY IT'S NOT THE THING TO DO???

JUST LOOKIN FOR THE COLD HARD FACTS!!!

SOMTIMES TO GET IN ON A PISSCUTTER IT TAKES SOME STEALTH!!!
I THANK MY FRIEND Feleno FOR THE STEALTH CAMO!!!

4a25cb9a7105a720.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-10-09 AT 05:18PM (MST)[p]Hey Bobcat, how are you gonna fit one of those ATF agents in your tank? Jus' kiddin'!!
What's ATF supposed too do to diesel fuel? I'm thinking about buying one.

Is there anyone that can answer Bobcats question here. I too am curious about this. I own a 1999 powerjoke and have had it for only two years.It only has 135.000 on the engine and people say it's just getting broke in. It is my first diesel and I really want to get as much liife out of it as I can. Prior to owning this I didnt know much about diesel but everyday I learn something new. Sure would like to know more about this.

GBA

ATF has tons of detergent in it, the thinking is that it keeps things clean. I know guys that put a quart in their crankcase for the last 1,000 miles before and oil change too.

2a0fcsk.gif

Yeah Bess you can run some ATF in your fuel if you wish, it wont hurt anything, theres detergents in engine oil and fuel as well so you dont have to get scared off by the "that stuff has detergents in it" line. You talking used ATF or new ATF? Used your going to have to get a filtration device set up or your going to eat fuel filters and new is a bit cost prohibitive. My money is on using the low ash two cycle engine oil. Get a quart and dump it in the tank each time you fill up, your injectors will quiet down and you may see a slight increase in mileage. Ive also used Marvels Mystery oil at an ounce per gallon as well. Remember that none of the above mentioned ##### will protect you against gelling in cold temps so youre still going to need to use DieselKleen or Howes in the winter.

Mike
at235.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom