Hey, Bud...

feddoc

Long Time Member
The pic reminded me of this: I was stationed in Corpus Christi and had taken the chance to fly with USCG on a couple of drug interdiction runs. Kinda cool to be zipping along the Gulf of Mexico at 200+ and maybe 80' above the water.

Anyway, through that series of flights, I got to be friends with the vet who took care of the dogs at a local border checkpoint. He told me a story about a border stop of a semi truck hauling propane.

Dogs alerted on the truck, so, the tank had whatever was needed done to it to make it safe, then they cut it open. Inside were a dozen or so smaller propane bottles....or so it would seem. Inside those propane bottles were the drugs.

Pretty amazing that the drug dogs were able to sniff that stuff out. Im guessing there was just enough residue on the folks doing the re-welds to be transferred and detected.

g4O5a7H.png

Used to ice fish lake of the woods with a couple outlaws. They had a propane bottle that they'd cut the bottom out of and screwed a 2x12 to the bottom. They'd fill it with walleye fillets every trip plus their limit in the cooler. No where near compares to your adventure but it shows the versatility of a propane bottle.

My friend told me the 1960 Falcon has two removable panels inside the bed for access to the tail lights. You'd be amazed how much room is behind those panels.
falcon.png

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom