He's Back!!!

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
I doubt anyone actually missed me, But just in case....

After a month+ of adventure for severe pneumonia at Arrowhead Abrazo Hospital (2+ weeks)and the Center at Arrowhead rehab facility (another 2+ weeks), I finally got discharged Sat. afternoon. I've been playing catch up ever since with more than 250 unread emails, etc.

Short version of long story: The pneumonia is supposedly gone, but all the time in bed with no activity to speak of did a terrible disservice to my body. I'm just now getting to being able to stand a bit. All of my moving for the time being is with the aid of a wheelchair or a walker, however.

That's it for now.

One of my best friends got it last year. 54 years old with no previous health issues. He was on life support for a month and a half, hospitalized for two and a half months. Now over a year later he is not fully recovered. He spent 4 months on dialysis when he got out of the hospital. He lost feeling in his fingers and toes, most of the feeling has come back now. He is struggling currently with a ear issue that makes him dizzy. The doctors were hoping that would fix itself but they have now scheduled surgery. He is a CPA by trade and the doctors are still limiting him to 20 hours a week for work. Scary stuff for sure

I had pneumonia around 30 years ago, knocked me flat on my ass. I lost 32 lbs. in 6 weeks. Fortunately, due to my age and that I was a non-smoker, I wasn't hospitalized. I slept upright in a sofa chair for a month. Pneumonia is nothing to sneeze at. Glad your back and on the road to a full recovery.

Congrats! It is a journey for sure.
Just had my 1 year anniversary of walking out of the hospital after a 3 month stay.

Listen to the therapists. They know what they are doing. I'm still not completely back but about 90%. Feels good.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom