He's Baaack!!

E

elkantler75

lance is in third place overall! not bad for a 37 year old cancer survivor?

any of you there back in the day when him and jonas carney won the u.s. nationals in S.L.C.

i was at jeremy ranch and took a picture of lance with his arms up winning the road race. it was hotter than hell that day. guys were bumming beers from us up the climb on the backside of the course.

Killerbee - you don't know what you are talking about - they are both in "The Clear"! LOL

Actually I do believe the French were trying to stick it to Lance, but who knows, there are so many ways to dope out there... The truth may never be known!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Lance Armstrong is truly an amazing athlete to be able to accomplish what he has. Anybody who has spent much time on a bike really understands this. To be able to keep the pace up for the duration he is able to is simply incredible. There are a number of those climbs he is holding close to 20 mph! Definitely amazing.

YEAH! anybody who has knowledge of this sport understands. if you think it is all about drugs you may be right but i challenge you to take a ride up parleys and realize that parleys is nothing compared to the alps. some of those climbs are over 13 percent grades. hard to do that without technology on your side.

he missed wearing yellow by a few hundredths of a second. won the stage though. he is one to watch fo sure.

He probably won't be wearing yellow until the mountains. That is where he really excels. He plays smart and will take the yellow jersey when he wants to and typically he does that in the mountains.

Yes, I know he always pulls away in the mtns. I was just thinking he is attacking sooner this year to try to emerge as the team leader.

I can't decide if he is really going for the win or if he will help Contador. He may just want to wear yellow once again, then help his team or he may be going for the win himself, which I really hope he is.

As it stands now though his team has 4 riders in the top 5 overall! Potentially 4 team leaders!

never_catch,

Just being able to ride with the pack makes you a very good athlete. Winning the Tour de France 7 times in a row and now contesting for number eight is one of the most remarkeable sports stories anywhere. Plus, the French hate him for being so good.

Bean

when i was racing uscf, i was cat.2 jr. we rode close to 400 miles per week and i had a resting heartrate of 50. it maxed out close to 185-190 and recover time was very fast.

Tour riders have resting pulse less than 40 avg. Miguel Induraines was recorded at 28 bpm. can you imagine that?

Saturday?s eighth stage finishes at Saint Girons, with the following day?s trek beginning at Saint Gaudens, nearly 30 miles away. Between the two is a winding pass that leads to the Col du Portet d?Aspet, a picturesque rise that will forever be etched with cycling tragedy.

On July 18, 1995, Fabio Casartelli ? an Italian riding for the Motorola team ? died after crashing on the descent at 60 mph when his unhelmeted head collided with a concrete pillar.

Armstrong was a teammate of Casartelli, and the pair had shared dinner the previous night and spoken at length on that fateful morning. The following day, the peloton stood for a minute?s silence before proceeding slowly as a unit to the finish line, allowing the Motorola team to cross first, uncontested, as a mark of respect.

I don't know much about the sport, especially the heart rate bpm, and all that other stuff. I will say that Lance is built like a pure rider, and must have a mental toughness that most of us can't imagine.

Either that or the drugs.:)

I sure do appriciate what he does.

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom