Henrys Buffalo Hunt

G

gamedown

Headed down tomorrow for my brother hunt just wondering if anyone had any success on the early hunt?

Hey iwas down there last week hunting and there were alot of buffs they are scattered from hell to breakfast we hunted on the west side we ended up killing a cow and one nice bull with the weather turning off bad take warm clothes and a good 4x4 or wheelers. good luck post any sucess

Just got back from the Henery's I got a nice bull, what a tuff hunt good luck....RIMROCK

I drew it last year it is a tough hunt thats for sure I got a pretty nice bull to. Where did you end up getting yours RIMROCK. Also would like to see some pics if you have some. I'll try and put a pic of mine from last year.

I got mine in a place called the Head of the Bullfrog ..I'm sure that the guy I went with ( RutnBuck ) will post lots of pics... watch the CAMPFIRE..He's got some good ones...RIMROCK

bigbucks, where did you kill yours...I hered there was a biggin killed below the towers on Ellen...RIMROCK

4b0417702a66b1eb.jpg

Here is a pic of the bull I got last year. The peak behind us is the top of Ellen. Took us 3 hours to hike to it. Once I pulled the trigger the work began.

Nice bull gamedown,

I've hiked that ridge a few times myself, thats one hell of pack.

Wow looks like a great bull !!! My buddies are trying to get me out there this weekend for his bull hunt. I am tempted but I think that big storm is gona hit friday ?
They said they keep getting distracted from all of the big bucks running around .
Haven't decided yet ?

The bison have been pushed hard. Your best bet is Cave Flat. You will need a horse The west side of Penell in the wilderness study area Mud Spring area. North of Lonesome Bever the deep canyons South Creek south west of Ellen, Swap Mesa and Swap Canyon. Stevens Mesa you might catch them moving through. Ceder Bench tough but good choice. Get off the road back in the deep dark's. Early is best.

Rutnbuck

Thanks for all the info guys he ended up getting one last tuesday off the ledges in cave flat in the wilderness area it was a funny hunt. But it was alot of work once he got it. I'll try and post some pic a little later.

That buffalo hunt sounds like a piece of cake, but it "aint". It's not for the faint of heart and it always amazes me the numbers of hunters who go unprepared for the hunt and especially those who are unprepared after the animal is down.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-30-09 AT 11:22AM (MST)[p]Buffalo at 11,000+ feet, looks like fun! I've spent some time under those little man made rock structures not far from where you took that pic, waiting out some nasty lightning storms, not so fun!

Nice Bull. Thought Cave would be good. We knew of several headed that way. Anyone still hunting start watching Triantula early morning. Looks like camp at Sweetwater.

Rutnbuck

gamedown, did you get that Artic Cat down throught the mouth of the frog to cave flats? some perty tight spots that I didn't think a cat could fit through....RIMROCK

Rim ya we got it down there the polaris ranger wouldn't fit I heard a guy broke all the windows out of his trying to. It was kinda tight but it can be done

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom