Henry mtns?

swbuckmaster

Long Time Member
I am going to the Henry mtns on monday. I will be there for 3 days. I am going to be bringing my girls and would like to know what the weather is like or what the snow pack is like. will I need snowmobiles or can I get away with wheelers or use the ranger?

Any help would be apreaciated.

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

The harder you work the luckier you get!!

Buy Tire Chains for that Dodge & work it a little!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!
And a good BBQ!
I am Medicine And I am Poison!

lol Im thinking about bringing this setup minus the flat tire. This photo was taken in the bookclifs this year.

3637misc_hunts_2010_112.jpg

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

how about this ill share the photos when I get back!

Here are a few ok bucks from this year on the bookcliffs. I did see a lot better bucks but it was hard getting them camera.

This year on my archery hunts I saw a lot better bucks then I saw on the bookcliffs I just didn't see a lot of them.
I passed a few bucks of this caliber this year. What do you think are any of these shooters in your book?

mischunts2010105.jpg

mischunts2010090.jpg

mischunts2010089.jpg

mischunts2010088.jpg

mischunts2010085.jpg

mischunts2010081.jpg

mischunts2010060.jpg

mischunts2010114.jpg

mischunts2010033.jpg

mischunts2010003.jpg

mischunts2010006.jpg

mischunts2010007.jpg

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Have fun down there Scott!! I don't know how much snow you'll see but I'll bet the mud will be outta control?? Looking forward to your pics!!

~Z~

No help here sw but no doubt be careful as that warm up could be a bad melt and conditions with the young 'uns going with ya.

Quad should be fine as with that much snow the deer should be down lower.

You will have a great trip for sure.

Bill--BB was just down there--- but before al this weather hit.

Robb

Scott I was down there on Dec. 8th, and all the lower roads were in great shape at that time. But once you got high on the Mountain, drifts kept one from getting to many places. I can't imagine the high country is even accessible now, but I'm sure the snow has pushed the deer to lower elevations. But like Robb says, I bet the lower road is a muddy quagmire.

284031.jpg

50151.jpg

Have a good one. BB

Good photos.
With this warmer weather I would stay away. Sorry.
I think it will be a muddy disaster. If you go be smart.

SWscoutmaster...
Your post seems like a harmless adventure. Fun for three days scouting deer in the Henrys.

My favorite show on cable is "I shouldn't be Alive." They don't need a UTAH Henry Mountain Story.

1716lsjrlvwhphoqbig.jpg

I would bet money, all of these victims of their accidents would have loved to have a push of a button when crap hit the fan.

Be Safe.

Be Prepared!

Take precaution!

Have fun!

7718unnamed.jpg

Midnight

looks like the trip is off. everyone that was going bailed out on me. I guess ill have to wait until middle of febuary to go down their and test my new HD video recorder. This will give me some time to learn how to edit my clips.

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Midnight, is that episode the sheep hunt in Mongolia?? AWESOME SHOW!!

SW, The Strip isn't much further and I'm heading there sometime end of Feb...might have to knock out two birds with one stone??

~Z~

that would be cool keep me posted id like to see the strip. maybe pick up some sheds off the henry's

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-26-10 AT 10:03PM (MST)[p]Scott,
Sorry your trip got postponed. For next time in case do don't know:

Help is not going to accidently drive up on you on the Henries this time of year. It's along way to walk out to a paved road.

Terrain is tricky when wet, the side hill roads slope way from the mountain, very easy to slip over a very long drop into never, never land.

Clay is the very worst kind of mud.

Take two spare tires, two or more flats is a common event to expect. The road-base on these upper ridges is as sharp as broken glass.

Very hard to get cell service when your away from Hanksville.

Steve Dalton, Southern RAC member owns property on the unit. He's a great guy, he lives in Teasdale, Utah, (435) 425-3789 [email protected] He'd be a good source for snow conditions on the unit.

It's one the last great places, hope you make it in February.

DC

No big loss,the Henry's dont have a healthy deer herd anyway...

But FYI, the deer will stay on top of that mountain year round, those bare slopes up high clear off fast. but can be butt deep snow below them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom