Henry Mountain Bull Buffalo

B

Brine

I shot a bull on the Henry Mountains around 1985. DWR said it was seven years old. Any way I have a nice shoulder mount and a good story to go along with it.

I am thinking very seriously of selling the mount. Got any ideas what I could get out of it and where the best place to sell it would be?

Here's what I would do; Post the pictures, tell the story and never ever sell the mount!

YOU CAN SELL YOUR WIFES WEDDING RING!!!

BUT DON'T SELL THAT BISON MOUNT!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

I'm not one to hang mounted game in the house, so I'm fairly set on selling the buffalo. I also have a four point mule deer, no cheaters that is 32" wide and both are in storage. I tried to download the buff mount, but it wouldn't go thru.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-01-08 AT 11:29PM (MST)[p]Brine,
Send it to me and I will upload it for you. Click on the "double envelope" right next to my name here and attach it and I will do it for you.

Brian

Might as well go ahead & sell the guns too....

As far as your story of the hunt goes,
that will be pretty much worthless to whomever buys the mount, they will come up with a much better story on their own.

RIGHT ON Beefy!!!

HAVE YOU & Faleno KISSED & MADE UP???

YOU TWO SURE HAVE BEEN GOOD LATELY!!!

MAYBE A LITTLE TOO GOOD???

IS SOMETHING BREWING???

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Brine has the wifee got your wavos in a lock box. Sorry but dang man most people on this sight would give their left nut just to have what you are so willing to let go.

Grow a pair and at least hang them it in your garage

Already had them hanging in the garage. Getting tired of them there colleting dust, but may have a cabin to put them in. I've shot my share of big deer and never had them mounted. I have an opportuntiy this year again with a pauns ML tag and to tell you the truth, it will have to be high on the B&C in order for me have it mounted, and then I don't know where I would hang it.

I'm an art man myself and that's what I like to see on the walls.

If I could get enough out of the buffalo I would still sell it.

If you want to sell the mounts, you should go by Cabela's with a few pictures. They do purchase mounts.

I can't afford the buffalo mount but I appreciate a good mount. I will never have a chance to take a buffalo. So I'd be glad to take it off your hands.

It would look great hanging in my house just like a good painting would look like hanging in your house.

Ill even throw in a couple of cheap water color paintings I got from Peru and a wooden mask.

Deal?

Archery is a year round commitment!!

I shot a nice 6x6 bull a few years back and had it mounted.
didn't have a wall that it would fit on so I let Sportsmans Warehouse hang it on there wall....It's like on loan to them...
and I still get to see it about every other week or so......................RIMROCK

Thanks for the suggestion RimRock.

Albubba - give you a hour look for the 100 dollars and even throw in a marked up map of the Henrys of where you can see them on the mountain for yourself and where you can find the biggest buck.

My old High School is Tempe High in Tempe, AZ. Our mascot is the buffalo. We have a head mounted in our gym. I'd call Tempe High and tell'em how good your mount would look in their administration building. They might want you to call the Tempe Union School Board

>A little past the deadline but
>where do you live?

I'm Nomadic, I live at McMillian Springs(Henry Mountain) in the summer, and on the Paunsaugunt(between Ruby's Inn and Page) fall and winter.

I've been 14 years of putting in for a Henry Mountains Buffalo tag and you're going to sell your mount? I think I'm gonna puke! At this point there is no other big game animal I would rather kill than a big ol' rogue bull! Donate it to a local sporting goods store or hang it in a buddies cabin. Just my oppinion but I think that shows a little disrespect for the animal, the hunt and what it actually takes to get a Buff tag these days.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

+1 Jim...
I wouldn't give up my buffalo mount for nothing...
Too cool of an animal and too memorable of a hunt!!

It was a memorable hunt. I have an album of photos and have written an indepth story about the hunt.

I knew a person who had a little 900 sq. ft. house and spent as much as the house was worth raising the ceiling to put his bull elk in the living room. I also know another person who I kid with about his annual taxidermy bill is as high is as his annual income. Guess I'm not that much of a Red-Neck ya suppose.

Since I began this blog I may have found a place for it in a cabin.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom