Henry Mountain Buffalo Guide

400bullelk

I drew the Sportsmans Tag, went hunting for the last couple of days. I was suppose to have some friends come down and help, but they couldn't make it. Got into a herd, but was scared to shoot one by myself. When you actually see how big they are, makes you change your mind. I need some help, can someone suggest some guides?

With your friends, you definately need a guide. Call the BLM office and ask them if they know who is guiding on the Henries. In this weather your animal may spoil by the time you got it taken care of. You got to have it skinned and cut up fairly fast. More buffalo have spoiled from not being prepared than you can immagine.

I believe Wade Lemon Hunting is licensed down there. My dad had a tag there last year and took a nice bull. You made the right decision not shooting, as butchering/packing a mature bull would be nearly impossible if you were alone. It was manageable with the two of us though, although my 8 year old thought he was quite the helper at the time. :) We were able to get a quad to the kill site which made the pack job a lot easier. I'll bet the head and cape weighted 175 lbs + though. TJ

You may be able to call Danny Albrecht from Richfield Utah. I don't think he has a guide's license but he knows the Henries and the buffalo and if all you need is pack horses to get you in and your buff out, he might be willing to hire out to you.

(don't tell him it was me that told you to call, I don't want the blame for what ever nightmare you may put him through.)

DC

>Yup, Wade Lemon.

I hunted Bear with Wade's guys a few years ago, I absolutely would call him again!
2a0fcsk.gif

I have the perfect guide for you. He knows the Henry Mountains better than anyone and has guided and killed some monster animals from there. He does have his guide license so if you are interested then let me know and I'll set you up.

400bullelk
just a thanks from hightop for giving us a chance to share the hunt of a lifetime with us look forward to meeting you and hunting with you thanks again
Taylor Albrecht
high top outfitters

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom