HENERY MNTS BUFFALO TAG

S

scornaby

HEY ALL,
JUST GETTING READY FOR MY BUFFALO HUNT THAT STARTS SATURDAY. I AM EXCITED AND STRESSED AT THE SAME TIME. " ONCE IN A LIFETIME " IS WHAT I KEEP TELLING MYSELF. I FEEL FORTUNATE IN DRAWING THE TAG. I DID HAVE 14 POINTS BUT LESS THAN A 1% CHANCE OF DRAWING! I HAVE SCOUTED AND HAD HELP WITH ALOT OF PEOPLE TELLING ME WHERE THE BUFFS ARE AND WHERE THEY GO WHEN PUSHED. I HAVE BASICALLY DECIDED THAT ITS ALL ABOUT BEING IN THE RIGHT PLACE AND TIME. THE REASON I POSTED THIS IS TO TRY AND COLLECT THE MOST RECENT INFO. HAS ANYONE BEEN DOWN THERE THIS WEEK? IS THERE A BUNCH OF SNOW? DID YOU SEE ANY ANIMALS? ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED> THANKS.

i was down there a week ago.If you know where the radio tower is on the Mt. Ellen side I seen everyday about 10-15 head of buffalo every day down there............they was also a herd on the south side of Mt Hillers, by mud springs.

thanks for the info> Mud Springs is probably my first spot to hit opening morning. Snow?? The reason a ask is i have horses and fourwheelers. I plan on getting one down and then dragging the horses up the road to get him out. i just wonder if it will even by possible to get them to mud springs with the trailer or will i have to ride them for a few miles from the bottom.

I don't know what the conditions are like down there as of now... But we hunted buff down there in 08, I had too chain all four on my dodge and we were the only ones that could around in a truck for days...

Long story short if it's wet down there ya better have chains. And mud springs is a good choice, and good luck and have fun!!!!!!

Be careful if it is muddy pulling horses! Heneries can be a snotty sob with out horses. Your on the right track and getting good advise! Good luck! Keep us posted!!
Rutnbuck

was down there for nine days on the first hunt. lots of pressure and buffalo scattered quick. shot a biggun but it came with a lot of help and effort from my hunting buddies. shot him on day 5. helped another guy that hadn't seen a bull in 6 days kill one next to the road a few days after killing mine in a hell hole. you're on the right track.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom