Help!!!

mulecreek

Very Active Member
I need your help badly. I have lost my arrow while hunting elk in Utah on the Pahduttroesatchti Plateau Unit. Last I saw my arrow, it was lodged in the guts of a monster bull. I made a good shot since I am sure it hit the elk. They are so big it's easy to hit one at 90 yds. I looked for two days to find this arrow. I know its part of hunting and it happens to everyone so I am sure you can appreciate my dilemma. If I don't find this arrow soon I will have to get another arrow. Hopefully I will be able to find that one after I shoot. If you find an arrow send me a pic of it buried in the bloated, stinking carcass so I can see if it mine. You will probably find several different ones so I will need to be able to narrow it down to my arrow.

I found a bloated, stinking monster bull elk that was very dead but he did not have an arrow in his guts so it must have been a different elk.. but I will keep looking for your arrow.

was it shot up by nincompoop creek ? i found a dead one looking for my gutshot bull. not to worry i cut the horns off. if you can tell me the gross b & c score i will give them back......

LOL unfortunatly it is happining for real

Here it is...

cowshotwitharrow.jpg

Almost, but my arrow hit a little further back than that. Like I said it was a good hit. If you hit them that far forward you stand a chance of ruining the cape.

See this is why we need a lost and found forum!

I lost a big bull...I found a little bull...I lost an arrow...

The campfire is NOT the place to look for your lost sh!t!!!

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

HH, Are you trying to accuse me of hunting in a high fence? That one has a eye tag for crips sake. Besides i said it was a bull not a cow.

Tag, I was going to post it in the elk forum but I thought it would get lost among all the other lost and found elk posts. I am always thinking one step ahead.

Mulecreek after you buy or find another arrow , here is what you should do so you don't lose another valuable arrow .

What I do is tie 1,000 pound fishin wire around the broadhead . When I shoot it takes me a second to grab the end of my wire , but when I do thats when I loop or dally the loose end of wire around a tree , rock , four wheeler , bumper , etc , you get the idea .

I have never lost my arrow after coming up with that little trick , and the wire doesn't even effect the arrow flight . Course I can't take all the credit for the idea , since it came to me after a night of watching dukes of hazard reruns .

Hope you find your arrow .

mulecreek, that's terrible news. Bowhunting is expensive enough even with one arrow.

I hope someone finds your arrow so your season is not a total loss. Hopefully soon enough to get back on the hunt!

I usually hit far enough back to ensure a complete pass through. It makes it a lot easier to find your arrow.

Eel

I should probably clarify this, I have several arrows. As a matter of fact I used a couple of them to shoot at other bulls while I was looking for this one. Dont worry though, I was able to find both of those since they were pass throughs. Shoot for the guts so no bones slow the arrow down.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-23-11 AT 08:13PM (MST)[p]
True Story.

In 2006 I drew an Arizona archery elk tag.
I had a great hunt taking a decent 6 point bull.
I put a Gold Tip Arrow right between the ribs in the sweet spot resulting in a complete pass through.
The bull was completley unaware of my presence, so he never bolted neither did his cows and I watched him do his death dance until he collapsed.

With darkness rapidly approaching, I boned out the bull on the spot and started packing him back to the truck.

I never took the time to search for my arrow.

The following year I decided to drive to Arizona with my son and take their hunter's safety course to accumulate permanent bonus points.

On our way home, I decided to drive into the mountains and see if I could find the killsite where I had taken my bull the previous fall.

I was able to remember the landmarks and navigate my way to the bleached out ribcage of my bull.
With a little looking around, sure enough, my son recovered my killing arrow.

I thought that to be pretty darn kewel....

aza.jpg

Damn Harry, I cannot believe how well you boned out that bull. I usually don't get them THAT clean!

"If God did not intend for man to hunt animals, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot"

Gonna laugh my ass off when this actually happens to you an after.you made.fun of the other guys that were less fortunate its all funny til ur on here askin for the same help an these other guys tellbyou to stick it

$MAVERICK$

And for the record that black angus coulda been a bull... Bovine are not the samme as elk jus cause it dont have horns dont mean its a cow in the bovine gene pool so jus so you dont out ur foot.in ur mouth

$MAVERICK$

is there ANY chance of a duck being behind your seemingly clean pass through shot??? I mean it might have flown off.

22862386793_370.jpg

fishinghunter14 -

This post is Hilarious- and may make you think twice about how you post up your hunting stories. This place can be brutal!!! We as fellow hunters should be the toughest critics!

EVERYONE knows crap happens.

It's how THE HUNTER deals with it that matters. Would you rather keep searching for weeks in silence (give up after an hour) or come on here and post up an billboard(and bring your issue public...very public) for someone else to help find it, and let us all assume what we will?

Some of the "Lost Critter" posts were days after it happened. Drop the keyboard and keep looking, or read the posts.

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

can we get a LOST and FOUND FORUM????(any item's Deer/Elk/Arrow/Bino's)

>Damn Harry, I cannot believe how
>well you boned out that
>bull. I usually don't get
>them THAT clean!
>

LMAO!

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I understand that it is funny yes these pictures.are jus hilarious seeing beef cattle.with arrows stuck in them makes.me laugh everytime but also yes these guys posting days after they kill them what do you do at night search in the.dark where u may bump it an make it even harder to find i would go home an use my resources to find it id say gettin on the in u,ternet an making it public for help is also considered looking for it what if this or that guy are asking where it miht of gone an looking at a sattelite map.marking areas to check? Bit im gonna head into into the woods instead of sittin on this forum $MAVERICK$

LAST EDITED ON Sep-24-11 AT 10:28AM (MST)[p]>I understand that it is funny
>yes these pictures.are jus hilarious
>seeing beef cattle.with arrows stuck
>in them makes.me laugh everytime
>but also yes these guys
>posting days after they kill
>them what do you do
>at night search in the.dark
>where u may bump it
>an make it even harder
>to find i would go
>home an use my resources
>to find it id say
>gettin on the in u,ternet
>an making it public for
>help is also considered looking
>for it what if this
>or that guy are asking
>where it miht of gone
>an looking at a sattelite
>map.marking areas to check?
>Bit im gonna head into
>into the woods instead of
>sittin on this forum $MAVERICK$

Hey Fishinghunter .. Since your going to be out there in the woods will you take a look around and see if you can find Mulecreeks elk / arrow??

He really wants that arrow back..

Thanks.. and the rest of us will keep an eye on the forums while your out in the woods.

Fishinghunter14
Why so angry. I just want my arrow back. Do you have any idea how expensive they are? Particularly when you lose a half dozen a year in various critters scattered across several states. If this keeps up I may have to go back to a rifle. Bullets are much cheaper than arrows.

>Fishinghunter14
>Why so angry. I just want
>my arrow back. Do you
>have any idea how expensive
>they are? Particularly when
>you lose a half dozen
>a year in various critters
>scattered across several states. If
>this keeps up I may
>have to go back to
>a rifle. Bullets are much
>cheaper than arrows.

You know mulecreek I was thinking..

What if you used target arrows??? Wouldn't they just pass through? You could find your arrow first and than start looking for the critter you shot.

And I believe they are a hell of a lot cheaper than those expensive hunting arrows.

Just a thought...

I finally had to back off a little taking running shots with my bow. The only thing worse than having an animal run off with your arrow, is losing your arrow after a complete miss. Talk about a waste of money.

Eel

>I understand that it is funny
>yes these pictures.are jus hilarious
>seeing beef cattle.with arrows stuck
>in them makes.me laugh everytime
>but also yes these guys
>posting days after they kill
>them what do you do
>at night search in the.dark
>where u may bump it
>an make it even harder
>to find i would go
>home an use my resources
>to find it id say
>gettin on the in u,ternet
>an making it public for
>help is also considered looking
>for it what if this
>or that guy are asking
>where it miht of gone
>an looking at a sattelite
>map.marking areas to check?
>Bit im gonna head into
>into the woods instead of
>sittin on this forum $MAVERICK$
>

WTF did this guy just say? Can anyone translate that into english, are there any linguists on here that can translate stupid?

Well.......call me stupid!

I had no idea they were expensive. We have about 30 archery elk tags a year and I have been picking these things up during quail season for years.

Some of these guys show up with 2 dozen and have to UPS 2 dozen more here by the 3rd day.

Could I sell them....like on ebay, or here? I know I have 50.

We usually just put them in the garden to help the tomato plants and roses fight the wind.

"If God did not intend for man to hunt animals, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot"

>Well.......call me stupid!
>
>I had no idea they were
>expensive. We have about 30
>archery elk tags a year
>and I have been picking
>these things up during quail
>season for years.
>
>Some of these guys show up
>with 2 dozen and have
>to UPS 2 dozen more
>here by the 3rd day.
>
>
> Could I sell them....like on
>ebay, or here? I know
>I have 50.
>
> We usually just put them
>in the garden to help
>the tomato plants and roses
>fight the wind.

Don -

Just a thought..

Maybe you could set up a little stand on the side of the road next archery elk season and sell the arrows you find..

>I finally had to back off
>a little taking running shots
>with my bow. The only
>thing worse than having an
>animal run off with your
>arrow, is losing your arrow
>after a complete miss. Talk
>about a waste of money.
>
>
>Eel

Same here Eel.. I quit taking running shots and I also had to quit flock shooting. There would be 10 or 15 animals and of course I would hit a some but they run off in different directions and it's almost impossible to get your arrows back, and I don't have to tell you how expensive the arrows are these days.

I finally quit archery hunting and went back to guns.. much more cost effective.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom