Help with Wife's X-mas Present

G

Green_Bronco

I'm having some elk ivory earrings made for my wife. I was planning on using the ivories from her first bull elk but am also considering using what I think is the best looking set I have.

The ivories from her bull are the ones on the left. The others are on the right. I don't think she would really care if they were or weren't made from her bull.

Do I go the sentimental route, or the other route?

5703dscn3770.jpg

Better use hers. Don't wanna send some sort of subliminal that you don't think her set is good enough. Lol.

Using her's would probably mean more to her. then take your best and have it made into a matching pendant to go with the earrings.
What ever you do, do not take your oldest granddaughter, if you have one, to the jewelry store and have her pick out some earrings that you plan to get for your wife. My granddaughter ignored my price limit and picked out a pair that cost me 3 times as much.

RELH

Use whichever pair you never want to see again. She isn't going to wear them anyway. They're teeth. Not diamonds.

Good luck

"Hey honey, look at these pretty earrings - the guys on Monster Muleys said you would like these the best."

And then the fight started...

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

I had no idea elk had "ivory". Cool idea to have earrings made. You say they're teeth?

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer
Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

Hey Wisz?
They Sell Imitation/Fake ones on E-bay:D

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

LAST EDITED ON Nov-29-11 AT 12:43PM (MST)[p]Experience speaks here. Wish these A-holes had been as blunt with me 8 years ago. She'll smile and say thanks, but that aint the gift she's hoping for. She'll wear them once, just to be nice. Then they'll find their way buried in the bottom of her jewlery box, never to see the light of day again. Save yourself the time and money, I wish I would have!

If I gave my wife a part of everything she killed, she'd be smothered in my ego and my happiness!!

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer
Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

>LAST EDITED ON Nov-29-11
>AT 12:43?PM (MST)

>
>Experience speaks here. Wish these A-holes
>had been as blunt with
>me 8 years ago. She'll
>smile and say thanks, but
>that aint the gift she's
>hoping for. She'll wear them
>once, just to be nice.
>Then they'll find their way
>buried in the bottom of
>her jewlery box, never to
>see the light of day
>again. Save yourself the time
>and money, I wish I
>would have!

See post #3

For the record, I'm actually getting them made because she had told sometime back (before she killed an elk) that she wants them.

I don't expect her to wear them frequently, but I figure we go to enough hunting expos and banquets that she'll have plenty of opportunities to wear them.

I'm thinking now that I would have gotten better responses if I'd have posted something like "Tell me what you think about these earrings, and I'll post a picture of my wife in a bikini...."

You're the a-hole that should of spoke up 8 years ago ;-). Thanks alot! I'm trying to get him to listen to you.

What's your thoughts on a cuisenart sandwich grill for a 10 yr anniverary gift?

>I'm thinking now that I would
>have gotten better responses if
>I'd have posted something like
> "Tell me what you
>think about these earrings, and
>I'll post a picture of
>my wife in a bikini...."
>

We'll give you a mulligan.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-29-11 AT 03:27PM (MST)[p]First off I have to say this is a really cool gift idea. I know what my wife would say if I was to do this, she would probably want the smaller set due to them being lighter in weight. Heavy ear rings at least with my wife make her earlobes hurt. I have wanted/have bought ear ring that she loves, but due to them being heavy she doesn't wear much. Just speaking from experience.
WVBOWAK

Do not do it. I did and she hated them. Yes,so your time and money. I have a pair for sale cheap if you want them. They look great, 14K post.

>If I gave my wife a
>part of everything she killed,
>she'd be smothered in my
>ego and my happiness!!
>
>Steve
>Worlds Best ebayer
>Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

Would not we all, would not we all. Indeed one of the best single sentence summaries ever penned.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I think NVB is spot on here...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

You do it and your post next year will be. "Help with my x-wifes Christmas present". Those earrings will make you a dead man walking!

Traditional >>>------->

I actually took the time to show those ivories to my wife, who IS a hunter, and ask her opinion. I asked if she would like earrings made from them. Her answer was not just "no" but "hell no". She did however say that on something like a keyring would be cool. She asked what my response was. When I told her she said that was true.

Just some more advice from someone who is getting "long in the tooth" marriage-wise.

I made a ring for my wife with an ivory. She loves it and wears it all the time. Her friends all ask her about it. I agree that earrings may be heavy. Go with the ring.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom