Help with Wasatch Unit

D

drcalderwood

So I have been scouting all summer long for my LE elk hunt that starts next Saturday. I have gone up about 10 times so far. I've been focusing on the south side of Willow Creek. I'm so excited I can't sleep. I have been able to formulate some good plans on areas to focus on that I have consistently seen elk and some big bulls.
Unfortunately I'm also starting to freak out. The basin I have been scouting all summer is going to have sheep in it starting next week. I was able to chat with the Peruvian sheep herder up there this past weekend and he told me that they are heading them over there. He was kind enough to give me some other options of where to possibly find some big bulls. I'm trying to plan my backup in case the sheep are still there at the start of my hunt and wanted to gather as much info as possible in the next 11 days.
I was looking at my topo maps, and I was wondering if anybody has any knowledge of the upper White River areas? There is a four wheeler road on the top end of the middle fork (right across from Road Hollow), how far in does that go? I was thinking of maybe hunting that from the top down, but it is so bloody steep I wonder if I'm going to be able to get my horses down in there. It's about a 1400 foot drop over a mile. Incredibly steep.
I guess my two backup plans would be the middle fork and the right fork drainages.
If anybody could PM me some tips, that would be immensely appreciated.

Pm sent

DeadI/Jared
46e8aeb1660028c5.gif

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom