help with track identification

ELKOHOLIC

Very Active Member
A friend of mine has been losing a lot of farm animals to a predator lately. They have been killing a lot of goats and other animals. I would like to see what everyones opinion is on the the tracks. You can see by the second pic that it appears to have at least one young one coming in with it. Is it time to go kill some coyotes or is it something else?
track.jpg

tracks2.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jul-31-12 AT 05:52AM (MST)[p]
That's a coyote and it has a young one along learning the tricks of the trade. A wolf track is as big as your hand like the one in this picture!

11262010_trip_010.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jul-31-12 AT 06:25AM (MST)[p]Top track is a coyote. Bottom track is too small on my screen to judge clearly. Strange for a track that small to break the crust on that mud and he doesn't appear to be running.

>Is it really a hunt for
>a yote to go into
>a pen and kill a
>goat?
>
>LMFAO
>
>
>
>
>
hornkiller.jpg

Nice Hornkiller,
LMAO, I didn't really think of it that way.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-31-12 AT 08:56AM (MST)[p]I'll defer to those with more experience, but my first impression is that the track is rounder than the more elongated track I associate with coyotes. I was thinking dog.

Any details on the kills? How many are being killed, carried off, left with some eaten, what parts eaten, left with nothing eaten...?

Go up to the hills and find a water hole. You will find a trail cam attached to a tree. Take it back and put it on the barn. When you get pictures of the cross bred dingo post em up. Oh ya then look for a post on here of a stolen trail cam so you can return the trail cam (and be a hero). Just a little story about the dog dragging it in should work. I think it is not a coyote. Might be part coyote but as posted above it looks to round to me.

DZ

>Go up to the hills and
>find a water hole.
>You will find a trail
>cam attached to a tree.
> Take it back and
>put it on the barn.
> When you get pictures
>of the cross bred dingo
>post em up. Oh
>ya then look for a
>post on here of a
>stolen trail cam so you
>can return the trail cam
>(and be a hero).
>Just a little story about
>the dog dragging it in
>should work. I think
>it is not a coyote.
> Might be part coyote
>but as posted above it
>looks to round to me.
>
>
>DZ

lmmfao.....

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Joking or not, I think a trail cam might be the only way to find out for sure. They can't seem to catch it in the act.

Probably kinda like around here!

Keep them MUTTS locked up during the day & turn them SOB's Loose at night!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom