Help with antelope

Arkie55

hey guys;
It has been a while since I last posted. I have hunted Wyoming many times for both deer and antelope. I have my favorite areas to hunt for both. However, this coming year, 2013, I have been thrown a curve. My wife can't get off until October 15th. Therefore, I need to find a new area that offers a late season hunt. I need an area with good public access and close to a town that has motels. We used all our preference points on our last hunt so it needs to be an area with high draw success. I have never been restricted to hunt areas and dates until now. Any suggestions? I do understand that it might not be possible to find what I am looking for. Sure need some help. I normally hunt east of I-25 but I am willing to go to any area. Thanks

Units 20&21 are just a few that I can remember that start mid Oct, lots more. Go to F&G web page and looked them up and make a choice.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

LAST EDITED ON Jan-20-13 AT 03:52PM (MST)[p]unit 62. stay at the holiday inn express in rawlins. Probably need 3 PP to draw. Good unit with good access.

Update: Woops - didn't see the fact that you used your PP last year. In that case +1 to unit 20 and 21.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-23-13 AT 10:10AM (MST)[p]Maybe 46 type 2, 47 type 2 or 48 type 2. All three are any antelope areas. The type one tags start in september but there is a tentative date of october 5 for the type 2. It doens't look good for draw odds on 47 or 48 (about 5% and 13%) but 46 is about 64% in the regualar draw. If you go the special draw 46 and 48 were guarantees last year and 47 was about a 15% chance.

Depending on which you were to draw, it would be about 40 miles from either Laramie or Rawlins. The town of Hanna is really close but I haven't been through there in over 10 years and can't speculate on a hotel there.

I really don't know about how many antelope are in the area or how the hunt would be but maybe its a start.

py

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom