Help with a hunt for my dad

utarchery

I need a little Help! Im looking for any Trail cam pics, Video, photos, or anything of fillmore/oak creek deer to see what is coming off of the unit. what is the kill ratio? what kind of bucks does it produce?
My dad is close to drawing and Id like to see him get a nice buck for once as he probably wont draw another LE tag. He introduced me to hunting and he has helped me on many hunts and id like to return the favor.

Thanks for the Help!

54282015-02-25-16-53-44--1241002912.jpeg

hornkiller.jpg

It's like any other LE unit in the state in that there's some decent bucks there. BUT the overall population of deer is relatively low and the mountain is VERY rough. How many points does he have?

here goes hornkiller thinking hes funny but in reality he is an internet DWEEB hiding behind his keyboard.

he has 12 points and will be hunting muzzle loader

LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-15 AT 06:36PM (MST)[p]I wish him luck! Harvest % for muzzy in 2013 was 50% and 57% in 2014.

If he is a resident, he should get a tag this year. If nonresident, around 20% odds but no bonus tag.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

maybe you should get off the Internet and go find out about the unit yourself! the real dbags are people looking for hand outs. 12 years of putting in should be plenty of time to scout units. just saying yes the pic is from oakcreek I was just trying to help!
hornkiller.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Feb-26-15 AT 00:01AM (MST)[p]Personally I wouldn't waste 12 points on Oak Creek. You didn't say how old he is or what kind of physical condition he is in. One of the management units or Vernon would be a better option for an older hunter IMO. 12 points would put him in the mix for any of those units.

Rough hunt even for a younger guy. PM me, I had the smokepole tag a few years back. What kind of shape is your dad in?

>maybe you should get off the
>Internet and go find out
>about the unit yourself! the
>real dbags are people looking
>for hand outs. 12 years
>of putting in should be
>plenty of time to scout
>units. just saying yes the
>pic is from oakcreek I
>was just trying to help!
>
>
hornkiller.jpg

I never said anything about dbags, so what are you saying about your self hornkiller??

and i never asked for any handouts, just general info

you called me a dweeb so I called you a dbag! do you really want to start a 6th grade name calling war? you get on here asking everything under the moon about a unit and I can understand that. but 12 years of putting in for a hunt on a unit you know nothing about is plain stupidity! what are you saying about yourself?
hornkiller.jpg

I think we're too early for name-calling since hunting season is still a long ways away. It's going to be a long, hot Summer! LOL

I bow hunted Oak Creek for years and years but it's been that long since I've been there but that's why your thread caught my eye. Good luck!

Good luck to y'all in the drawings but especially good luck to me!

Signed,
Mr d-bag (self appointed) AKA Zeke

>you called me a dweeb so
>I called you a dbag!
>do you really want to
>start a 6th grade name
>calling war?
> you
>get on here asking everything
>under the moon about a
>unit and I can understand
>that. but 12 years of
>putting in for a hunt
>on a unit you know
>nothing about is plain stupidity!
>what are you saying about
>yourself?
>
hornkiller.jpg

we had been putting in for a different unit in the past but our wonderful DWR has given too many tags and i havent seen the numbers or as many quality bucks and i just want the best opportinity i can for him

Well Fillmore oak creek is the last LE tag I would put in for I will tell you that..... Better be in damn good shape and be willing to shoot a piss head there are a couple guys that kill good bucks off there every year but most come back with dinks or nothing ..... I would look into the crawfords Vernon or book cliffs for an older guy in that point bracket

Come on, no name calling.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
Will you LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need a friend....

>So what did you guys end
>up putting in for..??
>
>"Therefore, wo be unto him that
>is at ease in Zion!"
>2 Ne. 28: 24

we decided to just put in for a point and holdout for something better

I never really understood this line of thinking. Why not put in for a really good unit like Pauns or henrys or SJ? At least you'd have a tiny chance!

2a0fcsk.gif

>I never really understood this line
>of thinking. Why not put
>in for a really good
>unit like Pauns or henrys
>or SJ? At least you'd
>have a tiny chance!
>
>
>
2a0fcsk.gif

a family member drew an elk tag at the expo so were going to focus on that

It looks like for the Paunsy Muzzy tag there are probably 25 guys in front of your dad with 13 points this year. It will take two years to get your dad into the bonus tags. Once there, there are another 24 guys in his same pool. I'd say your dad could have a solid Muzzy deer tag in the next 3-5 years on the Paunsy. 100% chance the 5th year (most likely).

Any other units for the Muzzy hunt and its a toss up on quality IMO. Except SJ, maybe.

Good luck on the family member's elk hunt. :)

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom