Help on ammunition

D

DeerHunter1953

I recently inherited some guns that I know nothing about. I have a 338-06 and a 350 Remington is there available ammunition for either of these guns or do you have reload yourself. If someone can help me out and point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

338-06 has been and still is a wildcat but the 350 Rem Mag (assuming that's what it is) was a factory round. The later is an older cartridge so I have no idea if loaded ammo is still available. The first one is a rather common wildcat and loading dies are readily available providing it's the standard 06 configuration.

What brand and model actions are the rifles built on? Is the 350 Rem Mag the old 600/660?

Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Jul-17-14 AT 12:06PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-17-14 AT 12:02?PM (MST)

Nosler offers both of those in factory ammo but if you plan on shooting those much, take up reloading. It will make life easier.

The 338-06 is an efficient cartridge and doesn't give up much to the 338 win mag.

>Nosler offers both of those in
>factory ammo....
>

I learn something new every day.
Zeke

I would think a good gun store could order the ammo since its not a high demand ammo. but the problem would be cost.

Where are you located at? I can direct you to the right places if you live close. I would like to advise it will cost to order in the ammo but if they are good shooters it could be worth every cent.

?If men were angels, no government would be
necessary.? John Adams

I live in Northern California, this is great info guys I really appreciate it. I don't know if it is the old 660 or not I will look tonight when I get home. Does anyone know anything about a wildcat round in the 416x200 does that make any sense?

the guns are like new and two of them have been re-stocked by my uncle. he used to hang with Fred Barnes when I was a kid in Grand Junction Colorado. We would go over to Fred's place and Fred would let me shoot any gun he had while him and my uncle talked shop. The actions and barrels on both of these are factory so I will look to see who the manufacturers are.
I really appreciate this guys I have no idea on any of these wildcats

I am not a good person to direct you on California shops. You can try gun broker, auction arms, and sometimes you will get lucky on auction arms and the guy out of FL will be on there he will load up any round you need.

?If men were angels, no government would be
necessary.? John Adams

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom