Help New Mexico Thieves!!! Stealing from camps!

elks96

Long Time Member
If you have any info... Try and help!!!
Here is a story from the Bowsite.com....

The guys came into camp and took stuff before they could get dressed and gone!!! Here is the link to the thread...

http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=424347&messages=42&forum=5

We were hunting New Mexico unit 51 this past week. My uncle and cousin each killed their first bull elk with an arrow, not huge bulls but that doesn't really matter. We had the skulls skinned out and setting by our camper which was parked not too far off the 559 rd and 274 rd intersection near Canjilon Lake. On Saturday night about 9:50 pm we were in the camper preparing for sleep and our last day of hunting on Sunday when we heard a vehicle driving up to our camper. We looked out the window and saw an early 1990's model Toyota 4 Runner, red in color with damage to the right front end pulling in. The truck shut off, and there was a few small clanging noises outside while we got up and threw on some pants and sweatshirts. By the time we opened the camper door, the truck was pulling out with it's headlights off. At first we thought it was someone who possibly had the wrong camp and politely left. Then we noticed they had stolen the two elk skulls/horns that were just feet from the camper. So we jumped into our truck and followed them east on 559 rd. once we caught up to them they were stopped talking with a 4 door chevy 1/2 ton light blue. The two trucks separated for us to pass, but we stopped and confronted the 4 runner. They then floored it and we pursued for a very short time. We returned to camp a few miles back to find the light blue truck truck with 4 young fellas about ready to pull into our camp. They claimed they didn't know the other guys in the 4 runner and that they were just looking for their buddy who was supposedly out cutting firewood in that area at ten oclock at night. Its bull$#@$ that a guy should even have to worry or think about something that pathetic happening when you're elk hunting. The red Toyota 4 runner headed east toward El Rito. If anyone from this area knows the description of the vehicle or any info, please let me know. The driver was a Hispanic male in his 20's. We seen him around 3pm that afternoon and he had a young woman and a small child in the same red Toyota 4 runner with him. Thank you.

Most likely local scum bags. Did you happen to get the plates of the blue chevy when you talked to them. Bet some locals could help.

That is about as low as it gets.
I hope you find out who did it.
"Worms gotta eat too" sounds fitting for this type.
Best,
Jerry

when I was young we had someone back up to an elk on a ridgepole and cut the rope, they dropped the elk in the back of their truck and were gone.
At least they most likely needed the meat, what do you do with a set of horns, what a joke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom