Help me out!

mickeyelk

Very Active Member
I have a delima this year with applying for elk hunts. First of all I have 17 points for Nevada, 14 for Utah, 7 for Wyoming and 11 for Arizona. I'm a Nevada resident, so everything else is as a non-resident. Looking at huntertrailhead I have real good chances at drawing either an archery elk hunt in Arizona, for my favorite area or Utah for an early rifle tag. Utah, I'm trying to hold out for an early rifle tag. My home state of Nevada is always a maybe and Wyoming could be a possiblity. In the past years I have always applied for all without really planning the outcome. I can afford one guided hunt. What would you do? I believe Wyoming will be taken out of the equation because of the early draw period.

I know you mentioned the early draw in Wyoming, but with your max of 7 PPs there you have the same chance at drawing any of the best units as the rest of the max pool. I'd seriously consider trying to cash in my PPs there knowing that the license fees are going up in 2014 the way it looks right now. You know if you draw before the end of February, which gives you plenty of time to wrestle with the other states you mentioned. If you draw, then you can just buy PPs in the others again if you can only do one hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom