Help me figure out what bow this is.

nv_hunter

Very Active Member
Hey guys. I bought this bow as a part of a storage auction. It looks like a nice long bow. Comes with arrows that say CFS on them. The string is in there as well. Does anyone know what brand this is?
Longbow.jpg

longbow-1.jpg

Warning1.jpg

Tis the Bow you should be using on next years hunts.

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

Don't know but #74 is gonna be a beotch to pull!
Send a pic to Rocky Mountain Specialty Sear in Colorado...They might be able to tell you.

Traditional >>>------->

LAST EDITED ON Nov-23-11 AT 11:00PM (MST)[p] That is a "Chuck Norris" bow.......he is the only person I know that can draw a 74# long bow or recurve.

"If God did not intend for man to hunt animals, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot"

Then times have changed Nickman. One of my late uncles shot a 110# English longbow. He killed many deer with it. He was a big guy 6'3" 225lbs. His B-24 was shot down during Operation Tidal Wave in WWII, escaped the Naxis twice and lived to tell about it.

Try posting it on one of the traditional archery websites. I would guess its a Pearson but IDK.

Longun, everyone knows Kilo was to old to fight in the War of Hastings.

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

I do know that CFS (Consolidated Field Sports) was an archery and taxidermy shop in SLC. back in the 80's and 90's

So maybe your arrows came from them.

"And just what were these guys doing riding horses in an aspen thicket"
WhiskyMan

I would bet the bow came from a custom bowyer of the time. Being its a takedown long bow (which indicates it isn't terribly old) and from the look of the quiver in the box, I would date the bow late 60's early 70's. By the late 70's there were enough people dying from uncovered broadheads in the quiver somebody finally invented a broadhead covering quiver. The wood looks like a bamboo inner core with osage and ebony limb wood but the black could also be black glass.

I would need to see a better close up of the broadheads to be sure of the make but the broadheads seem to fall in that erra as well. It wouldn't suprise me if the arrows and broadheads especially were worth quite a bit more then the bow. Are they a bendable hard plastic type material or fiberglass? Either are dangerouse so don't shoot them through that bow! Are there some wood arrows as well. I doubt you have anything real valuable (money wise) in either.

I've bought, sold and traded trad archery quite a bit and I'm fairly up-to-date on the old stuff but I am by far no expert so take what I've said with a grain of salt.

Tradgang.com is an awesome site and those fellas would have you lined out in no time. There is nothing more rewarding then being successful with trad equipment.

heropic.jpg

74#'s isn't that uncommon in the hunting woods.

Awesome find.

Todd

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom