Help in Unit 30

D

denrich71

Hello everyone. Long time lurker and finally registered. I am trying to get some info for Unit 30. My daughter has a rifle deer hunt for this unit in Nov. I was down in the area on Saturday. We drove on Highway 82 and turned off to head towards Dunken and took the gravel road that comes out in Hope. Just wondering if all these open rolling hills really contain some deer. Did not see too much other than some cows and cactus. I am just wondering if the area down by Carlsbad in the Guadulupe Mountains might be better. Also, what about camping areas. Seemed like might be pretty sparse conditions. Any help would be appreciated.

I saw quite a few deer in the foothills of the brokeoff mountains West of the Rim. It's some tough country to hike but had several nice bucks in rifle range. That was in february while sheep hunting. Good luck. Hope she scores!

I saw some nice deer also in the brokeoff mountains and another good place to try is NE of rim road. There are a few dirt roads that get way back there. There is a big canyon, i forget the name of it now but back around that way we saw a few nice bucks

Yes, I've seen bunches a deer while barbary hunting in those BLM hills SW of Hope. This has always been in February, but I think those deer are there pretty much year-round. I also saw a few bucks in the Collins Hills area last February. But that's the story of my life--always see a bunch of whatever it is that I'm not hunting. I'll bet if I had a valid deer tag in my pocket I'd could go there and see barbarys up the yingyang... ;-)

I hunted in January for deer in 30 and saw deer all along the Guadalupe scenic by way. Tons and tons of smaller deer in the lower hill country and above the town of queen much bigger deer but not as many of them. Take lots of water!!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom