HELP! I have a Mole/ Vole in my yard.

nv_hunter

Very Active Member
Ok I have been going rounds with this damn thing for a year now. I have never seen it to know exactly what it is but every morning when I wake up there is a pile of dirt the size of a volley ball. I have staked out on him but never see movment. I even set a game cam up! I have tried all the traps and baits from HD or Lowes and nothing. If I could see him then he would get a single BB in the head. I have tried flooding his hole with water and hes back the next night. Anyone ever fill the hole with gas and light it ;)

Warning1.jpg

yep have a special plate made up with propone and a hot shot fill for a while and then ignite. its kinda funny, they usually burrow down then back up in a bank or something thats why water wont work just scrape the dirt off till you find the hole fill it with propane and boom no more mole. Although I've only had them in the field not the yard careful your not too close to the house, wife may not like it

7mm wsm 600yrd. and closer checkmate

Oh heard juciy fruit works somthing about they can't digest it but i've never tried it
7mm wsm 600yrd. and closer checkmate

We burn praire dog up in certain areas in town where guns just ain't and option. Fill the hole with gas from the weed burner then spark it up. BTW if you are gonna try a flammable gas check your utility locations first too.

For a less manly approach mix up some super chunky peanut butter and crushed up mouse poison and place within the critters hole.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

I know a professional Mole/Vole hunter who would certainly be interested in trading his skills for a custom engraved rifle...let me know if interested and I'll contact him!!

~Z~

Dear nv_hunter,

I recently dedicated nearly 5 years of my life to killing a mole in my Mom's yard. I tried three different kinds of traps, every bait and poison known to man (plus a few that I dreamed up). I poured gas ,diesel, and kerosene down the holes. I poured so much water down the hole that the service district threatened to turn my Mom's water off because of her monthly usage. Her monthly usage was second only to the pulp mill one summer.

I had a D-9 and a backhoe all lined up and all of a sudden he (or she) just disappeared! It was like magic.

I can only come to the conclusion that the damned thing died of old age. There was no other logical explination.

I say this with a heavy heart, but.......you're screwed.

Eel

>Dear nv_hunter,
>
>I recently dedicated nearly 5 years
>of my life to killing
>a mole in my Mom's
>yard. I tried three different
>kinds of traps, every bait
>and poison known to man
>(plus a few that I
>dreamed up). I poured gas
>,diesel, and kerosene down the
>holes. I poured so much
>water down the hole that
>the service district threatened to
>turn my Mom's water off
>because of her monthly usage.
>Her monthly usage was second
>only to the pulp mill
>one summer.
>
>I had a D-9 and a
>backhoe all lined up and
>all of a sudden he
>(or she) just disappeared! It
>was like magic.
>
>I can only come to the
>conclusion that the damned thing
>died of old age. There
>was no other logical explination.
>
>
>I say this with a heavy
>heart, but.......you're screwed.
>
>Eel

I hear ya Ell. I may have to give the Rodenator a try!

Warning1.jpg

i am a electrican and one of my saftey vidoes a guy had the same problem so he wired up some 480v and without some proper grounding he fried himself

I had a couple of the little $%#^'s messing up my yard a couple years ago. I tried the garden hose idea and after 30 minutes I had water coming up all over, including from cracks in the street in front of my house but no critters. I went to IFA and bought some mole/vole poison and followed the directions (uncover the hole put a couple tablespoons of the pellets in and recover the hole.) The first attempt worked somewhat as I didn't have as many piles of dirt/holes the next week. The second time did the trick. My neighbor still laughs about seeing me standing there with a garden hose stuck in the ground and a shovel in my hand to whack the little *@4*&^%s when they came out.

We don't have moles here but we do have gophers and lots of them. Traps are effective if you know how to set them up. It's taken me a couple of years but I finally have that down. Prior to that what I found works is fixating them. Gophers just like moles will tunnel below their nest so if any water comes in it cant get to them. So I used my quad, a 5 foot metal pipe and a pool hose on the end of that. The pipe goes on the exhaust of the quad and the pool hose connected to the pipe goes into the gopher hole. You can seal the exhaust pipe off with a rag and duct tape the flexible pool hose to the metal pipe. Let the quad run at a high idle and pump the exhaust down into his hole. I usually don't see any more gopher digs for a few months after that. Oh and gophers will use another gophers old tunnel. But the exhaust stays in the tunnels for a long time so no new pests move in. I would imagine that will work for moles too.

GBA

If you have a dog put it's poop in every hole.. I did it and that little bastard disappeared...

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

I trap about 20 moles a year with a mole trap otherwise you wouldn't be able to walk in my yard. I live in the country and they come out of the alfalfa fields. Go to the hardware store and buy one. Now you're a trapper and hunter.

Now a gopher gun is really fun. 4 ten gauge shell 6 inch pipe for the barrel, trigger is a wire that goes down the whole. Remove firing pin before pulling hammer back and then replace it when all is setup. Nice bang gophers cut in half satisfaction. Bill Murray has nothing on me.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom