HELP Film a Hunt

Jagerdad

Very Active Member
I first intended this Post to be a reply to tallpine13 after I watched his Hunt in the MM'eys "New Mexico Forum". I realized it may be far better for my own edification's and that of readers if I post my message for HELP here. This way anyone/everyone can possibly Help Me.

GoPro's and a neophyte (Me) filming a future Hunt:

tallpine13, I have some questions for you slightly unrelated to the Elk.

I watched your YouTube video and first, Thank You for sharing so much on MM'eys.

I am an old fart and bought a GoPro HERO 4 Black + two Sessions. I have the App on my Phone and the Remote that is worn like a Watch.

I bought many mounts but not the Headband. How did you film and if using a GoPro, what settings...? I made one video at 1080 and it came out as many "Gig's".

20 Mg is max for emails so how does a guy end up with video's in the 60's to 200 GB's and be capable of sharing them...?

With these Three camera's, where should the Sessions be mounted and where should the HERO 4 Black be Mounted...?

Jagerdad :)

I have 2 hero 4's and you can go look at my other video on YouTube from 2012. 2012 New Mexico elk hunt 16D or something I wish I could take the unit off now but it's an old account and I can't log into it but back to the cameras. I usually use the head strap especially when I'm filming somebody else. I got the clamp as wel that I carry with my second camera and you can literally clamp it anywhere I've had it on limbs or clipped to my pack on the quad all sorts of places. Only downfall with the go pros is the zoom. And like you said files get so large. It's rediculous with 1080p I dropped mine down to 48fps I believe and YouTube only let me upload at 360p which made the file way smaller but for emailing I'll have to go back to my emails and see what program I used to compress the files and you actually send them through a secondary server and it'll let you send full length videos up to 100 GB I believe

The chest strap is kind of nice too. I turn my head too much with the head strap.

I've been recording a lot at 720 and 30 frames/sec. It looks good on the computer but I haven't done any youtube uploads yet.

I just drove to a Best Buy store to see if their Head-Strap's were back in stock. Nope :-( so I may need to order it. My Wife got me Two, 64 GB Lexar Professional Micro SDXC UHS-II 1000x Cards. I just learned about UHS-II vs UHS-I Cards and speeds.

I have the "Barrel Clamp" and your smart about clipping it onto a Tree Branch is a great idea. I have 3 Batteries now plus a 2 port charger.

I need to practice with the Remote & Cell Phone App "Together" to see which is of the lowest human/camera interaction. Hunting should be #1 and not fiddling around with camera gear.

I have a Sony Camcorder that can zoom good but I need to play with it because I recently made a short test video and heard clicking in the sound. Maybe it is too old or broken. I don't know its video format or, if it will blend with GoPro video and be compatible in some editing software.

All of this "Could" be seen as a Hassle but I know how much family members enjoy pictures/video's that they had not seen in many years. I am also thinking about Grandchildren and Great grand children whom will never meet me in person.... I'll be long gone. Therefore, my hassles today may actually be a family investment for others. Thinking of it in that aspect, I enjoy the learning curve and fond thoughts.

I did discover something cool at Best Buy.... Cobra-II Vehicle Camera systems; Facing Front & Rear + motion sensing when unoccupied/parked, like at a Hotel on Travel. I scheduled installations for my vehicle and my Wife's. I love this modern Technologies.

Keep sending advice.... I fumble often :)

Jagerdad

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom