HELP,EXP 2008 VIRUS???

B

bobcatbess

WONDERING IF ONE OF YOU PUTER PRO'S CAN HELP ME THROUGH THIS PLEASE???

I KICKS THIS POS ON TODAY & I HAVE A BIG POP-UP THAT I BELIEVE IS A VIRUS: exp 2008???

ANYWAY IT STARTED DOING AN AUTO SCAN & IT SAYS I HAVE 1494 VIRUS'S ON MY PUTER!!!

I RAN SPY-BOT & AVG 7.5 BUT NO HELP!!!

I'VE HAD IT WITH THESE F'N THINGS!!!

ANYBODY KNOW WHO'S NECK I CAN TWIST FOR THIS???

SERIOUSLY,ANYBODY KNOW HOW I GET RID OF IT???

THANKS!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

I JUST HAD A POP-UP SHOW UP SAYING CUPSY WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR 1493 OF THEM!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

A 12 guage ought to get rid of them all, bess!

48696fc97cd60c01.jpg

"when in doubt, pull the trigger again"

HEY TAG!!!

THATS HOW I FIXED THE LAST POS PUTER!!!

I'VE STILL GOT BULLETS!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

Trust me Bess .... nobody is as exposed as I am ... except maybe JB.

Pay the $40.00 or so a year & get Norton Anti Virus. I actually got attacked by a MM troll once. Can't remember his name but Norton saved my boonie.

Did you finally get DSL or something? You're talking like a prime time surfer now?

RUS

My Katrina post dang near got me a one way ticket outta here.

And I had it comming!

RUS

UBTA OUGHT TO HAVE THEIR ASS KICKED FOR NOT CATCHING THIS IN THEIR QUARATINE CENTER!!!

WAFJ!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

Quarantine Center??? Are they taking applications for screeners? By the way I think it's UBET. At least that the way I spelled it on my application. Problem is I'm a executive type and demand a high salary.

RUS

MY AVG 7.5 DID NOT TAKE CARE OF IT!!!

THEY HAVE AN 8.0 BUT I CAN'T DOWNLOAD IT WITH THIS VIRUS!!!

WAFJ!!!

OH AND RUS???

HAVE I GOT A VIRUS???

UBET I DO!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

I just saw this on my Dad's computer the other day - they have webroot spysweeper and it got rid of it. Head to Best Buy.

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

I got the same one a few weeks back just use your google-Fu on EXP 2008 I think its malware (spelling) not a virus.It should pop up with some thing to download to get rid of it.

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

I'm thinking it's just an advertisement pop-up. You probably don't really have any viruses. They're just trying to get you to buy their software by scaring you. Good Luck Bessy.

>Pay the $40.00 or so a
>year & get Norton Anti
>Virus. I actually got attacked
>by a MM troll once.
>Can't remember his name but
>Norton saved my boonie.

Ugh... Norton is one of the worst out there.

If you cant get AGV 8.0 installed, other choices are:

http://www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirus

http://www.zonealarm.com//store/content/promotions/google/trynowA/zass.jsp?c=W200002

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

http://us.mcafee.com/root/landingpa...618&siteID=qBNKlhsBsB4-K3AQTkQxqHTBOjRsXqB06A

-DallanC

I just spent $75.00 to have a nerd
get rid of the exp virus, it got me good,
we had to totally reprogram my puter.

We forgot to renew our anti virus.

Bess, I hope it doesn't infect yours as
bad as it did mine,

Also, I was told to always click the X
to get rid of the popups, never click
cancel or ok.

Good luck

I am typing this with a rubber glove on...
its called the force his arse to turn off his caps lock button!!!(even try it?)
call dell order reinstall cd..
back up what you can and the format hard drive and then reinstall factory cd software!
buy norton,stopzilla or what ever..then ge a shot at the clinic!rack

LAST EDITED ON Aug-22-08 AT 11:30AM (MST)[p]Not sure what OS you're running, but if this just happened and you're able to access programs, try using the System Restore to put everything back the way it was a few days ago. If you're running XP or Vista, just open Accessories/System Tools/System Restore and choose "Restore My Computer to an Earlier Time."

This operation will not affect any files you recently created, such as text or images. It will simply put the OS/software/registry back to the date/time you select. -TONY

Bobcat:
I just registered to let you know that I went through this same process. It is a bogus message to try to get you to buy their software. Don't do it. This is actually malware, which is different that a normal virus, but I don't know what the difference is.
I have used McAfee and Norton anti-virus programs and neither caught this. I was able to remove it using a program called Malwarebytes' Anti Malware. I did a search for this program and then down-loaded a free version, then followed the instructions to do a quick scan and then a removal of the infected files. It totally cleaned up the proble. The program gives you the option to purchase the full version, which is probably a good idea. I haven't purchased it though, since the free trial version worked.
I hope this helps.

WELL BOYS!!!

KEEP THE INFO COMMING!!!

I CAN PLAINLY SEE IT WILL INVOLVE BULLETS FOR ANY SATISFACTION!!!

IT WON'T LET ME RESTORE AS OutDoorWriter SUGGESTED!!!

I CAN CLICK ON DallanC's LINKS BUT NONE OF THEM WILL GO THROUGH!!!

I TRIED GETTING AVG 8.0 BUT IT WON'T LET ME FINISH & PAY SO I CAN USE THAT!!!

I TRIED Webroot & IT'S ####ED THINGS UP EVEN WORSE!!!

I APPRECIATE ALL THE SUGGESTIONS & HELP!!!

KEEP EM COMMING!!!

I'M LIKE ONE OF THE GUYS THAT POSTED ABOVE:TAKES A FRICKEN NERD TO FIX THESE DAMN THINGS!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-22-08 AT 04:46PM (MST)[p]Give me better details of where the breakdown occurs.

How far do you get in the Restore process?? Do you get as far as the Select a Restore Point screen with the calendar, or...???

-TONY

HEY TONY!!!

ITS TOOK ME AN HOUR TO MAKE THIS REPLY!!!

THIS POS EXP 2008 IS TAKING ME DOWN!!!

YES I GET TO THE CALLENDAR & IT WON'T LET ME GO ANY FURTHER!!!

IT SAYS TO CLICK ON THE HIGHLIGHTED 22 BUT I CAN'T,IT DON'T DO JACK!!!

HAD ANOTHER GUY TELL ME TO GET THE AVG 8.0 & IT WILL CLEAR THIS UP!!!

PROBLEM IS IT TAKES AN HOUR WITH THIS DIAL-UP TO DOWNLOAD IT & THEN IT WON'T LET ME BUY/PURCHASE IT!!!

TRIED BUYING THE Webroot & NOW ITS POPING UP LEFT & FRICKEN RIGHT!!!

ANY MORE SUGGESTIONS???

AND THANKS!!!

IT TOOK ME AN HOUR TO POST THIS,ITS TAKING ME DOWN,SLOWLY BUT SURELY!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

UBTA sucks. Are they taking you to the cleaners like they are me? I could get the same service for 1/2 the price elsewhere. They've got a monopoly on us basinites.

NO!!

You do not want to click on the 22. That's today! You probably don't even have a restore point for it yet.

You need to click on one of the prior dates that is shown in BOLD type (see below). Pick one that you KNOW is a date before this problem began. -TONY

48af622d555c4a2f.jpg

OK TONY!!!

IT TOOK ME 3 HOURS TO GET BACK TO HERE,WHEWWWWWWWW!!!

I WENT BACK TO RESTORE AS YOU SUGGESTED!!!

THERE ISN'T ANY 'BOLD' DATES TO CLICK ON!!!

AND THE SOB WON'T LET ME CREATE ONE EITHER!!!

I'D LIKE TO GET MY HANDS AROUND THE NECK OF THE JACK-ASS THAT STARTED THIS EXP 2008!!!

ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS???

MY PUTER IS FADING FAST!!!

THANKS AGAIN!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-23-08 AT 08:48AM (MST)[p]Hmmm, it would be very strange that there are no automatic restore points created. Did you try going back a month using the < on the calendar side? Also, if you have installed any software recently, there should be a restore point set for that date/time. If you use it, though, that software installation will be removed. But you can always reinstall it. -TONY

P.S. Creating a restore point now would be fruitless because you can only do it for the present setup on today's date, meaning you would have your problem included.

Edit addition:

Do any of the screens that come up have anything that indicate the program is XPAntiVirus 2008???

Throw it out and buy a Mac!!! I bought one this January and haven't had as much as a single glitch!!!
Eric
famousfigures_abevigoda.gif

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

had it a mnth ago cost me 80.00 to get all my info downloaded on a disk, then i just used my restore disk to repair...

I can't help you get rid of anything, but as far as protection I use Mcafee and it works great. It costs about 60-70 bills a year..........

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom