Heli-hunting for hogs

NVPete

Very Active Member
This link was sent to me...wondering what you guys think of this "Heli-hunting" for problem hogs...somebody suggested for coyotes,too, only they may already be using this or similar method for predator control in some states? Also, not sure of legalities of method from state to state, potential of lawsuits by enviromental groups, etc.?
http://www.vimeo.com/21181307

I would sure do it if it were available in my area. Hogs are currently just tearing my pastures up but are totally nocturnal, and I am just not a stay up all night and hunt kind of guy!

I believe it when people say they are smarter than deer. During most of the year you can catch some coming in to feeders during daylight, but since deer hunting season has started, we have not seen one in daylight even though lots of evidence they are there.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I got more fun out of hunting them on the Texas leases my Dad used to have than for deer. They are much smarter than deer and will go completely nocturnal with very little pressure on them. As you mentioned, the damage they do is unreal and they multiply faster than rabbits! The only time I ever shot them it was almost pitch black or the first 5-10 minutes of daylight.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom