HeadShot Video..??? Disappointing...

BrowningRage

Long Time Member
Just came across this and figured it would stir up a lot of conversation here... I was disgusted by it. Can't see any sport or any real reason to do this, and especially to post to Youtube..??

What were they thinking..? These types give us a bad name...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

What azzholes. Just boils my blood to see sh#t like that and worst of all, posted as if it were somehow newsworthy. Some people are just d#cks.

Eldorado

Posting the link on a hunting site that gets a lot of traffic is also not the smartest thing to do..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-09-11 AT 05:13PM (MST)[p]well after you watch the video to left of the page there is a whole selection of videos of bad head shots. not good at all not good. it pisses me off.

The outrage generated by this post will show everyone that as hunters we do not condone such thoughtless and reckless shots.

Eldorado

No Doubt!

A TARD BRAGGIN about a 15 yard shot with a 378 Weatherby!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

LAST EDITED ON Sep-09-11 AT 07:23PM (MST)[p]looked like a clean humane kill to me. Why would it make you all mad? Would you rather have seen a clip of them shooting it in the rib cage?

Or do you have a problem with them shooting a fawn?

Just asking????

I think this one is worse!

Now I don't condone head shots on deer or elk or even most big game. Just to small of a target imho. Ill take head shots on coyotes if that's all I'm presented with.

Well sw!

It's not Quite as GROSS as your 2 fo1 shot last Fall!

LOL!

I agree with SW - quick kill - no after shot "mutilation" or any other sick behavior. One shot, one dead deer. Good for them. I think there could have been a lot worse shots to video.

Head shot are pretty clean and quick, Look like it was close range. I guess I don't see why you would be pissed off. You shot and something dies would it make a different if he shot it in the ribs or the neck, NOT a differents to me where you shoot as long as you can hit what you shoot at. But video itself sucks why video and post it up, what was so great about the shot or the taking of a fawn that they had to video a simple and easy shot.

We shot grophers in the head all the time.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

the videos on the left really shouldnt be posted and getting that kind of attention. i agree the head shot is a good clean kill

it is an ethical shot. however puting it on the net is irresponcible at best. i would bet it was a couple teenagers that made it. when i was a young lad i would get off on that stuff. making films of rabbits and squirels vaporized by our latest 3,900-4000 fps handloads.

I head/upper neck shot all my does while I was in Texas. They were not more that 25 yards with a 220 Swift or 22-250. My only problem with a head shot is they really mess up the back of your pickup!!! GOO everywhere.

I was really more disgusted by shooting a fawn at 2 yards with a 300 WSM... Like I said where's the sport..?? I don't mind the head shot, but I don't condone them either... Posting it to YouTube like shooting a fawn in the head is funny... That's what I don't get...

> I was really more disgusted
>by shooting a fawn at
>2 yards with a 300
>WSM... Like I said where's
>the sport..?? I don't mind
>the head shot, but I
>don't condone them either... Posting
>it to YouTube like shooting
>a fawn in the head
>is funny... That's what I
>don't get...
>
>
>"Therefore, wo be unto him that
>is at ease in Zion!"
>2 Ne. 28: 24

Where's the sport? Why does it have to be about sport? Maybe he wanted to cleanly harvest some EXCELLENT meat for the freezer. Which he did. What disgusts me WAY more then this is all the "sport" trophy hunters hunting horns and antlers and have no regard for the meat.

Newbeestl-I think you misinterpret my use of the word "sport"... I'm talking about the animal having a sporting chance... He might as well be shooting a calf in a pasture... or a fish in a barrel... In fact, that's pretty much what he's doing...

My idea of sport has nothing to do with trophy antlers, or anything like that, it's about fair chase... It just seems lame to shoot a fawn that they could have likely caught with their hands... And put a bow and dress on...

Thanks for commenting everybody... Obviously, some of us care about the kill, others, the chase...

So I guess all of these people wounding animals on here with gut shot arrows are giving the animal a good sporting chance. I would much rather have a wounded archery animal than a head shot instant kill...

Dumb stuff to put on the internet.

A head shot is fine if you can make it, I do it every chance I get.

If anything about the video, or this discussion, bothers me it is the term "sporting chance"....Just exactly, what sporting chance has any game animal in the last century had?

Using that term to justify one form of killing over another is simply hipocritical and a cop out to the fact that dead is dead.

I guess what really pisses me off, is the fact that most guys say it isn't about the killing....but you notice they all have guns.

I readily admit it. I hunt to kill stuff and I damn sure eat very few of the things I kill over the years...Varmits... and there is no "SPORT" in any of it whatsoever.

"If God did not intend for man to hunt animals, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom