Heads up!

Long Time Member
Whether or not you're a history buff, there is a great
opportunity see see a piece of aviation and military history
if you're close to the Ogden area this week. A B-17 and B-25 will be at the Ogden airport for exhibit until the 25th. After that they are moving to Vernal. If you have $400 bucks to burn you can even get a flight. I just happened to catch the news article and will for sure pencil in some time to go check this out.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=960&sid=17316049
1101plane.jpg

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Is some aerial gunnery practice on a twin .50 included??..if so count me in for $400.00...

>Is some aerial gunnery practice on
>a twin .50 included??..if so
>count me in for $400.00...
>

One can wish, but usually these planes are de-militarized. The problem with those twin .50's is you have to be at altitude to shoot them the way they were intended. The cold air at altitude kept the guns from overheating, the metal used in airplane .50's was thinner than the standard M-2 machine guns.
WVBOWAK

Who cares, just fly high enough so I can shoot them......LOL.
That would be a blast.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Love how they restored that B-17 with the likeness of Betty Grable. That is one fine flying machine.

Eldorado

LAST EDITED ON Sep-20-11 AT 07:50PM (MST)[p]I always go check them out every chance I get. There used to be a B-24 that toured with them.

Here is a photo of my uncle Elmer. He was a gunner on a B-24. He is in the front row second from the left. This photo was taken in the States before going over seas.

8764uncleelmer.jpg

10th Air Force, 7th Bomb group. He flew 33 combat missions. One mission was a 16 hr. flight with one 500lb. bomb.

Amazingly, his plane "Shoot You're Covered" surivived the war and is in a museum now.

http://www.b24bestweb.com/shootyourecovered-r3.htm

He went to see it, but they wouldn't let him go aboard. I told him to go back and tell them he left his lighter aboard, and would like to get it back. He died before he made it. I asked him if he shot down any enemy aircraft. He said not that he knows of, but Lord knows he tried.

MORS AB ALTO
(Death From Above)

Eel

....worth every cent...go do it...I took these pics from the B17 "Liberty Belle"....
1353olympus_all_pics_298.jpg

4000olympus_all_pics_309.jpg

2924olympus_all_pics_314.jpg

8837olympus_all_pics_316.jpg

5687olympus_all_pics_317.jpg

2124olympus_all_pics_319.jpg

the Liberty Belle now....
rpFRB.St.5.jpg

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>10th Air Force, 7th Bomb group.
>MORS AB ALTO
>(Death From Above)

Eel,
The 7th Bomb group is the 7th Bomb Wing now. It is at Dyess AFB, Abilene Texas. I was stationed there from 2000-2006. It is home to the B-1 bomber with a small C-130 airlift wing there as well. Your uncle is part of the history of that base. That Latin motto is still the motto of the base to this day. You were able to do something that I haven't had much of a chance to do is interact with a WW II veteran. I have met a few but never chatted in-depth with them.
WVBOWAK

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom