Heading to Montana

JR

Heading out to hunt mulies out of Miles City.What to expect in this area?? Guided hunt so Im at the mercy of the guides,first guided hunt. Usually DIY so this is going to be an adventure. Ill be there18th thru the 21st how is the rut shaping up???

You should see lots of low to mid 20's bucks if your guides know what they are doing and have good property to hunt. Your dates should be perfect for timing the rutt. Don't shoot the first good buck you see unless it is something you really want because you should see plenty of mature bucks.

Good luck and post some photos on here after your hunt, Smokepoler63

What outfitter are you using? I know one in the area, that is why I ask.

"...and now it's time for me to go, the autumn moon lights my way..." -Led Zeppelin

Not the one I know, but you'll should have a good time regardless. That country is full of deer and they should be going crazy when you are there.

"...and now it's time for me to go, the autumn moon lights my way..." -Led Zeppelin

thanks,cant get here quick enough!! hopefully ill have a dandy to post some time aound thanksgiving.

Writing from Miles City Montana tonight. Will start my hunt on Wed. Should of brought some sun tan lotion,LOL sunny and 50s is not what I was expecting in mid Nov but will make the best of it. Saw some nice bucks in the back of trucks heading west on I-94 as I headed to MC today. Hopefully Im onewith some horns in the back of the truck by the end of the week. Will chaeck in when I start my hunt.

Good luck and keep us posted. Wishing I hadn't filled my tag already. Love hunting mulies in the rut. You will too.

Well I made it home from Montana and all I can say is I had one of the worst and best hunting trips to date. Hunted our butts off in 70's type weather for a good buck only to get our butts handed to us at the end. I did tag a young decent 4x5 because I like the taste of venison better that that crap they post the tags on (Tag soup recipe still sucks) :) Even though the bucks werent rutting well the guys I hunted with were with-out a doubt some of the best dudes to hang with while hunting. We cut it up and gave one hell of an effort to find good bucks...had a great time and told lots of lies during the hunt. First lier never has a chance was the motto during this trip and I still chuckle about some of the topics we discussed while looking for bucks. Great experience and awesome country to chase mulies in and Im makeing plans to return!!!!
cid__1120091759a.jpg

Glad you had a nice time. The hunting is tough in the warm weather. Maybe you will have a little snow next year. Enjoy your meat because I will be eating tag soup.

"Let's keep things in perspective.I mean for Peet's sake there are kids in Africa that don't even hunt....hello" Jimmy Big Time

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom