Have you tried a blood tracking set?

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Have any of you tried something like this? How do they work? It must be a certain type of bulb in the light????
Our sponsor, Bull Mountain Outdoors, posted it in the Classified Ad forum. They offer lots of stuff on huge discount.
After losing that deer I wounded this past season, it caught my eye and got thinking.....hmmmmmmm

Anyone have experience? Any guesses on whether they're worth it?

------------------------------------------------------
Great gift idea for anyone. Handy for keeping in the vehicle too.

Meyerco 3-piece Blood Tracking Set
63% Off Retail!
http://shop.bullmountainoutdoors.com/Meyerco-3-piece-Blood-Tracking-Set-MBMIDST2.htm
------------------------------------------------------

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

You have to track them at night, brother had one and that was the only time you could see blood. I don't like tracking at night in case of follow up shots...
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

We purchased a couple from Primos and have used them on deer and elk three times. They can be useful but they do have their draw backs and false positive reading issues. These lights blend a combination of red and green light and can be somewhat helpful.

Our experience is that if the blood is moist and fairly fresh the blood shows up with a sort of reddish glow. But if the blood dries the lights are useless. The blood then just shows up as a dark spot and it looks like and blends in with the area. We gps marked a blood trail last year and went back at night (now dry blood) to try and find the game and the light was useless and not worth the extra weight in our packs. Plus if you are in an area that has any type of bushes with reddish leaves. The leaves shine as false positives even if there is blood or no blood everything looks the same. All positive for blood...

Score: Deer and Elk - 2 Trophyhunter- 1 with the blood tracking lights

Hopefully the blood tracking setup at your website is better than the lights from Primos. We paid $ 50.00each for the Primos lights.

))))------->

This is my blood tracking kit..

20121110_090054-1.jpg

I am colorblind (red and green) so it doesn't matter what I use. I have seen the kits advertised but never really gave a thought to buying it. Im leery of a lot of those gimmicks.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-07-12 AT 08:03AM (MST)[p]>We purchased a couple from Primos
>and have used them on
>deer and elk three times.
>They can be useful but
>they do have their draw
>backs and false positive reading
>issues. These lights blend a
>combination of red and green
>light and can be somewhat
>helpful.
>
>Our experience is that if the
>blood is moist and fairly
>fresh the blood shows up
>with a sort of reddish
>glow. But if the blood
>dries the lights are useless.
>The blood then just shows
>up as a dark spot
>and it looks like and
>blends in with the area.
>We gps marked a blood
>trail last year and went
>back at night (now dry
>blood) to try and find
>the game and the light
>was useless and not worth
>the extra weight in our
>packs. Plus if you are
>in an area that has
>any type of bushes with
>reddish leaves. The leaves shine
>as false positives even if
>there is blood or no
>blood everything looks the same.
>All positive for blood...
>
>Score: Deer and Elk - 2
>Trophyhunter- 1 with the blood
>tracking lights
>
>Hopefully the blood tracking setup at
>your website is better than
>the lights from Primos. We
>paid $ 50.00each for the
>Primos lights.
>

X2-----same results i got helping a freind track a deer. i will say it helped find out first drop that we could not see with out naked eye......also take a girl out. they can see red better that we can.

"still really sick of those ads in the elk forum"

LAST EDITED ON Dec-08-12 AT 05:30PM (MST)[p]Also have a primos. Concur, you have to track while the blood is wet/bright red. Once it dries and turns dark, it won't work near as well. That said, it helped me find a couple of deer fast that would have taken 1+ hours with a normal flashlight. For gun kills, it is great. For bow, if you have to wait a couple of hours, not so much. Certainly worth having in your pack/truck

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom