Hats?

swbuckmaster

Long Time Member
I wear a lot of hats "bald". Do you have any secrets to keeping them looking new and clean?

I seem to wear them out pretty fast meaning they after a few weeks with me working outside they are dirty and smell. So I just toss them and get a new one.

Do any of you just wash them and reuse them? I've tried to wash them in washing machine but they end up ruined.

Wash them in the dishwasher and let them air dry, or wash them in the shower with some shampoo and again let them air dry.

+1 for the dishwasher, the trays help hold them up so they keep their form. While drying set it over a bowl so they dry right. I hate smashed hats, that's when they get thrown away.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I wash my favorite hats by hand in the sink using softsoap and a little friction. Make sure to rinse well. Then I hang them over the shower head to dry. That way I'm careful not to mess up the shape. My less than favorite hats get chucked.

9373_md.jpg

I have one of these holders that i put in the dishwasher. Not sure where I got it but it works pretty good at cleaning my hats and keeping the form. Just do an internet search and Im sure you can order one up

My wife got me one of those gizmos to wash my hats too, but I have no idea where. They do work to keep the hat in it's proper shape.

SWM-I hate hats. If your not particular about the color or the logo I'll be happy to send you a dozen or so a year. They get thrown in my closet and pile up until their smashed and disfigured and then get tossed. There yours if you want them.

DC

Boonie hats throw them in with the next set of socks in the washer.
They are the way to go. You can roll it up and put it in your pocket when you aren't using it.

I wash by hand with a little scrubber brush in the sink and then I go outside and blow dry it with the air compressor. As of late I found a good camo "Mossy Oak" hat at basspro...they were on sale for $3.99 so I bought all 8 they had on the rack......I'll wear them for a couple months and throw em away.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Thanks for the offer 2lumpy but I think ill have to say no. I have a weird shaped head. It is hard to find one that fits and one I like. I I appreciate the offer.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom